Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just ordered a 2013 LSV - the new Chattwake boat!

Chattwake

My understanding is that the opening size on the fly high bags is larger than the fitting that screws into it, and that the inner diameter of the fitting is 1 inch. In other words, all bags will drain the same with the factory installed pnp system.

I've got my interior colors picked out, and I wanted to share. Do I have to upload the picture somewhere else and then link to it, or is there a means of uploading photos directly to this site? If not, why not?

I've got my interior colors picked out, and I wanted to share. Do I have to upload the picture somewhere else and then link to it, or is there a means of uploading photos directly to this site? If not, why not?

have to be a paid member to do that directly

I'm going with graphite accent 1, light graphite accent 2, black piping, and platinum base. I'm debating whether I should change the base to moonbeam. Thoughts? How does platinum compare to moonbeam?

Edited by Chattwake

platinum has a yellowish hue, while moonbeam has a greyish hue. Color choices are very personal. You will find people that love your picture above and those that will hate it. Really, only the opinion of the person paying for the boat matters. I'm not sure soliciting advise on color choices is helpful--it just makes an already difficult task harder.

Congrats, looks good!

How well does the factory plug-n-play work? It fills the hard tanks first and then the overflow fills the fat sacs correct? Does this method still have the same issue of draining really slowly back into the hard tank?

I already have an integrated system with extra pumps installed in my boat, but I was just curious how well it worked since Malibu is offering this from the factory now.

platinum has a yellowish hue, while moonbeam has a greyish hue. Color choices are very personal. You will find people that love your picture above and those that will hate it. Really, only the opinion of the person paying for the boat matters. I'm not sure soliciting advise on color choices is helpful--it just makes an already difficult task harder.

Accurate description of the two colors...here's thread that may help also.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41584-my-2013-order-is-in-need-some-pics-of-interiors-anyone/

I'm going with graphite accent 1, light graphite accent 2, black piping, and platinum base. I'm debating whether I should change the base to moonbeam. Thoughts? How does platinum compare to moonbeam?

I would change the platinum to moonbeam. Moonbeam is a light gray. The platinum looks more like a light tan. I have the platinum in my boat to go with the driftwood.

My friend who is a rep is telling me the opposite. He says that platinum is not yellow at all, and that moonbeam is more brown. Aghhhh.

He is mistaken. It is not difficult to find pictures at either Saskatoon Watersports (http://www.saskatoonwatersports.com/NewBoats.aspx) or Wizard Lake Marine (http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/new-boats/malibu/Wakesetter) that have the color combinations you are curious about. These companies post the window sticker with the boat pictures so you can determine definitively what the colors are you are seeing in the photos. These dealers are high volume and order their spec boats fully pimped out (oil money), so there is lots to see and learn just from their websites. Their pictures are high resolution also. Copy and paste a picture to your desktop that you are truly interested in. I found the Saskatoon Watersports pictures are even higher resolution than your web browser displays.

Edited by Cory

My friend who is a rep is telling me the opposite. He says that platinum is not yellow at all, and that moonbeam is more brown. Aghhhh.

Maybe he's spent too many hours at the boat shows recently! :biggrin: I've used moonbeam, lt. graphite, white, black, and graphite combinations in all of my boats.This time around I went with a lt. graphite floor and think I'm going to get along good with that. You should be able to get your hands on vinyl swatches at a dealer.

pura7kkdbfqym3s6p1m5.jpg

Ok, I've decided that I'm either going to keep what I have and switch the main to moonbeam, or change things up alltogether and go with this....

What do you guys think?

Chattwake--

Congrats on the new boat. I just ordered one fromy Joye too (MXZ22). We ought to get together some time.

Picking all of the colors is fun but tought to make that final decision.

Ours is lt graphite with moonbeam base and black bead. The graphite has a noticable texture to it. There are a couple of photos in the boathouse.

My wife picked all the interior colors after sitting in a few boats at the dealer. I really like what she came up with. Congrats on the new lsv.