Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

86 Skier Upholstery

justinwivey

Not sure how many pieces there are on a skier, on my 99 SSLXI there are 26 pieces to a set of skins, plus the ozite and netting. Chee is the way to go on this, search around, he has helped out a good many crew members.

Depends on which route you go... If you drop it off at a local shop you could easily be 2500-3500. That is what my local shop quoted me for mine. I ended up buying a set of Skins from Chee and having the local place install them for me. (after I removed everything from the boat) This saved me a ton, but it was still $1700 all said and done.

PS, in my Skier there was:

Drivers chair - Several Skins for that alone

Engine cover - pretty large with cup holders etc...

Observers seat bottom

Observers seat back

both long side pannels

Bench seat bottom

Bench seat back

Its a lot of material, and a lot of work to get it to come out well.

Here is my thread with some pics...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20057-what-to-do-for-a-floor/?hl=%2Bwhat+%2Bfloor

EDIT: Make sure you take pics of it before you do the project. I don't have a single picture of my boat from the first year I had it with the trashed interior and I wish I did.

Edited by Levi900RR

I paid $2500 for my '87 skier about 7 years ago... I talked to the guy a few weeks ago, and no way would he do it again for that price. I delivered all the skins (seat bottoms and backs), combing pads and motor box, and he replicated them (5 colors). I did the recovering, stapling and installation... This was in Massachusetts (three other shops wanted nothing to do with the project)..

I replaced my skins for about $1900 total. Chee did the skins, and I paid a local shop to replace/add some foam to some of the seat bottoms and staple everything back together. I think the upholstery guy wished he charged more, the motor box was brutal according to him. But, he stood by his quote.

My piece count matches Levi900RR.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35699-seats-are-done-pics-of-course/

Edited by toddj

Everything I have read and seen has shown that Chee is the only good way to go. Every other picture I've seen of Malibu's getting some shop to do their own work has been a very poor replication in comparison.

If you are spending the money to re-do your interior, do it right the first time.

email him at [email protected]

i know it sounds weird. email him your hull id, year, make and what you're looking for. he'll tel you if he has the patterns for your interior. he gives you a price, you mail him a check, and a few weeks later you'll get your skins.

there are a ton of people on the forum that will back up his work

While you are at it, do something a little custom, to make it unique. I had my interior done by a local lady, and I changed up the colors a bit and added some colors to the seat bases. Check it out in my gallery. I did OK with it, kinda wish I would have waited and taken it a step further.