Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash surround

c0ris

Hi,

Im installing the new stargazer perfect pass onto my '04 wakesetter and wondering what the best way was to get the GPS receiver cable up behind the windscreen and onto the dash. Whats the easiest way? I've looked under the dash and its a head **** of sub/heater/cables etc. Do I need to nemove the windscreen or the dash surround?

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Ronnie
Violation of TOU, language.

I had the Stargazer system installed last year at a Malibu dealership (TNT Watersports in Nashville, TN). They installed the GPS puck in front of the windshield and routed the cable through the fresh air intake. I already had a Sirius Radio antenna mounted in that area, so I didn't mind the GPS puck being placed next to that. I believe the Stargazer instructions state the GPS puck may be mounted under the dash in some fashion. Good luck with the installation.

apologies for the language... :oops:

It does mention it can be mounted under fibre glass if you reverse the puck face, I just dont want to take the gamble of it dropping in and out of signal. Unless anyone else has theres setup that way and has not had problems.

I also know what your saying about running it through the intake vent but it has the potention of getting quite wet there.

My GPS puck has gotten wet a couple ot times due to getting caught out in the rain. I have yet to experience any problems with the GPS. I understand your concern with keeping the puck dry. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on removing the dash trim. I've had just about every other trim panel in our VLX off while working on the stereo and ballast system.

Thanks murphy, I ended up running the cable undle the windscreen and back through the vent hole, came out really neat...

On a side note: If youve had all your panels off do you know how to get the 3 wakesetter chrome emblems out of the 3 back cushions? Mine and getting a bit pitted and flakey I wouldnt mind getting them re chromed...