Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 surf wave

raceman121

Hey guys in my 2003 23' lsv when surfing I use the stock hard tank on whatever side we are on and have an 1100 lb ultimate surf sack from fly high on the seats we also fill the center and front hard tanks with the wedge down. My wave sucks! The wave is prety tall but the pocket is very close to the platform and only about 2' long also the face of the wave is not clean at all and has almost no push. When the wedge is up the wave is not as tall and still not clean on the face and not vary long. Any ideas on what I should do?

short pocket and no push could be signs of two different things but if too short a pocket make sure you're really between 10 and 11.5 per GPS NOT SPEEDO!...I think you'll find you're going too slow and hence water is real "soft" and feels slow with no push. If you're within that speed and not feelin good then maybe look at more weight and peeps? 23 requires a lot of weight to get dialed but then its nice. I'd suggest one more bag on surf-side seats.

We rode a buddies '04 23LSV ropeless with stock ballast. Fill one side, center and bow, wedge down. 10.5 mph on his speedo. Occupants were the driver, and then 4 kids (100lbs each?) and 1 big guy (250) on the surf side. It was a great wave, and we had a lot of fun and taught a couple of groms how to ride ropeless.

So, if you are doing all that PLUS 1,100 pounds in the back I'd say you need to add more bow weight to balance it out. Like another 400lbs up front. Or, only fill that 1,100 pounder half way. In my experience a large wave with no push either means too slow of speed, too much weight in back, or not enough weight in front. I had a similar issue with my Echelon, the wave was HUGE but no push, we had like 6 riders plus ballast. Once I dropped off a couple of people and actually removed weight from the back of the boat I was able to get a nice wave going.