Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vlx 09 dash display and gauges cutting in and out

Bennyvlx09

Hi all this site seems to be the best for information and advice on my boat I have a new problem with it the auto wedge feature decided to stop working I have ensured the auto wedge box is checked in the settings menu the wedge seems to move manually with the mix buttons and can b adjusted on the run with the presets on everything working normally except the auto wedge function then the next time I have taken it out another problem has arose the dash display (maliview) and gauges either side are cutting out like they are loseing power I have looked at all wires and fuses and wiggled them while someone was watching the dash and it won't do it the cruise control stays engaged when it does it and the boat runs perfectly just the screen and guages drop out I put a new battery in and only used the boat 3 times in the last month since installed any body have any idea where I could look for this problem or what I could do to fix it the boat has 356 hrs on it with a new warranty engine fitted 25 hrs ago any help would b greatly appreciated thanks

inspect the canon plug on the engine to insure it's well seated. break and make that connection a few times, make sure it's clean. it's a large (2"ish) round item.

also check all of the grounds near the help. there will be one, or more, ground blocks. insure that the grounds are all clean and tight then follow the largest of the wires from that ground block back to the battery. insure it's tight and clean. check grounds at the engine (probably a bell housing bolt).

• 4 weeks later...

I have checked everything and even had a good auto electrition look at it and took it out today and still haveing the same problems when the screen reboots its self it disengages the auto wedge and throws the calibaration out anyone else had this problem and how did they fix it I'm feeling at this point that it's going to b a long slow process