Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat modification, How high should I go?

Wakesetter67

Thanks,

Measured today.

Went with 3" x .356 material, and had them chop cut two at 8-3/16" for each side of seat base, and one at 3-3/16" for mounting seat pivot mechanism.

• Like 1

Ok so I went to my storage to disassemble and get it to my Buddy to fabricate an Aluminum 4" Mount, Now if I was redneck I would just leave it like this.. 11_zps73fba9af.png I used a 4 inch Brick to test fit the height, 77_zpsf7e6d0e6.pngchair_zpsb78619c4.pnguntitled_zps0a776ab3.png This shows how it looks with a 4" lift!! We will be making a box with a door that locks, I will post pics with the progress!! The box will be mounted to the fiberglass pedestal, and the seat with the swivel controls to the top of the box.

Ok so I went to my storage to disassemble and get it to my Buddy to fabricate an Aluminum 4" Mount, Now if I was redneck I would just leave it like this.. 11_zps73fba9af.png I used a 4 inch Brick to test fit the height, 77_zpsf7e6d0e6.pngchair_zpsb78619c4.pnguntitled_zps0a776ab3.png This shows how it looks with a 4" lift!! We will be making a box with a door that locks, I will post pics with the progress!! The box will be mounted to the fiberglass pedestal, and the seat with the swivel controls to the top of the box.

Does it look strange having seat as high as top of window? Or is it pretty unnoticeable?

Does it look strange having seat as high as top of window? Or is it pretty unnoticeable?

Thats why I did the mock up, I was really concerned it would look odd, And really you did not notice it at all, It looked factory,

Thats why I did the mock up, I was really concerned it would look odd, And really you did not notice it at all, It looked factory,

Great idea with the mock up, and good to know 4" does not look awkward. I am planning on going 3" on the my '13, Im 6'1ish and I think this will be about perfect. My wife is 5'4" and uses an extra bolster pad I had made at an upholstry shop, it boosts her up another 4-5" which works great for when she is driving.

I think someone could make some good gas money selling those fabbed up alum brackets in 2",3" and 4" heights. I know I would purchase one in a heartbeat.

Edited by Fman

Great idea with the mock up, and good to know 4" does not look awkward. I am planning on going 3" on the my '13, Im 6'1ish and I think this will be about perfect. My wife is 5'4" and uses an extra bolster pad I had made at an upholstry shop, it boosts her up another 4-5" which works great for when she is driving.

I think someone could make some good gas money selling those fabbed up alum brackets in 2",3" and 4" heights. I know I would purchase one in a heartbeat.

Ya, I was talking to my friend about that, We will see how it turns out first!!! Then I might have a few on here for sale!!