Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acqua fusion mat

Fman

Does anyone have any pictures of the Aqua Fusion mat close up? and what colors they come in? I am considering changing from the snap out carpet to Aqua Fusion but I would like to get a better view of what it looks like and how it feels. My dealer does not order any boats with AF mat, so I probably wont be able to actually see one in real life, only on the internet.

If anyone has been using Aqua Fusion mat, pros and cons? What you like or do not like about it compared to the snap out carpet? Does the AF mat last longer than standard snap out carpet? How difficult is it to clean compared to carpet?

I thought I had a picture closer, but did not see it tonight. This picture is from our boat last year and the mat is still the same, only one color offered that I know of. I don't recall spilling anything with color, but it was easy to keep clean. I did pull it out and rinse it off at the end of the season and it still looked like new after 100 hours. I may not be as soft as carpet, but does feell good to the feet. The mat does not show wear like carpet does, best of all it does not hold or absorb water. It can get warm after sitting in the direct sun, no worse than carpet on a hot day. All that said, I ordered it again this year so I was pleased and happy to not have carpet to maintain. I am going to be testing a Deckadence mat this season, same as the poseidon mat offered by Tige. I'll check tomorrow to see if I can find a close up of the Aqua Fusion, it's a woven vinyl.

IMG_3617.jpg

Edited by thtrog

After seeing it In a few boats, I had to have it. It is a little more course than carpet, but the trade off is worth it IMO. Never gets matted down, will not hold stains and water. Mine is a dark brown color. I think it comes in gray and brown.

After seeing it In a few boats, I had to have it. It is a little more course than carpet, but the trade off is worth it IMO. Never gets matted down, will not hold stains and water. Mine is a dark brown color. I think it comes in gray and brown.

Do you have a picture of it in your boat? How does it look against the carpeted seat basins? It almost looks like it would be a mismatch in materials.... I can see how on the MXZ it looks great because the seat basins are not carpeted.

not a great pic, but all I have right now: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40805-taking-the-plunge-buying-23-lsv/?hl=%2Bmalibu+%2Bcover

there is a little difference in color, but it wasn't a big deal. I haven't seen the grey color in person. Thtrog has the grey in his, maybe he can show a pick of the grey color.

I would prefer carpet or even the Fake Teak that Nautique has been using. This stuff is really uncomfortable on your feet...

Your the first to say this, anyone else experiencing this with it being uncomfortable on there feet? That would be a bad thing... how much time do you have using it? do you have it in your boat right now?

Your the first to say this, anyone else experiencing this with it being uncomfortable on there feet? That would be a bad thing... how much time do you have using it? do you have it in your boat right now?

A friend of mine has it in his boat. I've been in it 3 or 4 times this year, and every time I knew I didn't like it. Rather have carpet and a carpet protector than this stuff.

But then again, maybe I need to toughen my feet up... :lol:

What is its cost as compared to carpet?

I haven't quoted my boat yet, but someone here mentioned a price, I think it was $12 sq ft but not positive. Seems reasonable and it is comfy stuff.

• 2 months later...