Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monster Green

mrnate450r

Still not a fan of the metal flake. When it goes out of style again (and it will) It will be harder to sell the boat. You'll get comments like, wow, really nice boat, except for that metal flake

I had a 79 Catalina bouble deck all done in silver with red metal flake, sold it in 92 when I bought my Euro F3. They said back then that one day metal flake will be gone for good! Things go in cycles, and with the hybrid colors of flake and solids, I don't think that the fad will fade very soon at all. IMO of course!

Edited by Dare2goBare

Is it just me, or does Malibu's lime green look a little off. I can't put my finger on it. It's almost a little too "pea soup" green. I kind of wish it was a little more "electric green"

Is it just the pictures? Wish I could see one in person.

Straight up, Malibu's website is an epic fail! That may be the reason why monster green isn't available on it. IMO monster green as it's been described to me is FUGLY! Too much yellow in it. Had it been closer to a line green it would've been perfect

Why isn't the new Monster Green Flake color up on the "Build Your Own" section of the Malibu website yet?

That is a good question. It is very frustrating. However, somehow the dealers have access to it. My dealer has made me a few samples:

lime11_zps45cd7984.jpg

lime4_zpsd54d1637.jpg

lime7_zps5007859d.jpg

lime3_zpsa37611b9.jpg

Straight up, Malibu's website is an epic fail! That may be the reason why monster green isn't available on it. IMO monster green as it's been described to me is FUGLY! Too much yellow in it. Had it been closer to a line green it would've been perfect

I made the same observation above. In pictures, it looks a little off. But I really want to see it in person. Don't think that's going to happen for me.