Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Iphone/Ipod integration

wakeparadise

Hi All,

I will (very soon) have a 2011 VLX and am curious about hooking up an Iphone to the unit? Does the RF come with a standard 3.5mm jack to input your Iphone, or maybe something a little more elaborate that I can actually charge my Ipod with at the same time? How would I go about watching video on the Maliview off of my Iphone? Where is the best place to keep the Iphone when it's plugged in, I see there's not too many places to put it without getting an aftermarket holder? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ryan

IIRC, there is a 3.5 universal AUX in the glove box and a USB. If you wanted the 3.5 AUX on the drivers side, its and easy and inexpensive addition. The USB can be done as well, providing the cable is not too long. Isnt there a storage pocket under the drivers arm rest? The remote socket could be located there.

• 3 years later...

OK, this is probably a dumb question but I know very little about audio set ups. I searched the site and this was the closest topic to my question.  

How can we use our iPhones to play music through our boat's stereo? The boat is a 2003 Sunsetter 21XTi with a stock Sony head unit. We got the boat new from the dealer so it's the original system. Can't find a model number or I would search Sony. It's just a radio/CD receiver with a removable faceplate. No visible aux in or USB ports.

Any ideas?  

Thanks,

Chris

No blue tooth on a 2003 but there should be an AUX jack below the throttle near the cig lighter outlet.  Plug the cable into your phone (unless you have on of the new improved iPhones without a headphone jack) and into the jack and set the receiver to AUX input and listen.  Turn the phone volume all the way up.  Head unit manual should be available on Sony site. Model info might be on the back of the face plate.  If you lost the remote that's needed for some functions they're on eBay.

Or just punt and get an equalizer or zone controls.

1 hour ago, garrech said:

OK, this is probably a dumb question but I know very little about audio set ups. I searched the site and this was the closest topic to my question.  

How can we use our iPhones to play music through our boat's stereo? The boat is a 2003 Sunsetter 21XTi with a stock Sony head unit. We got the boat new from the dealer so it's the original system. Can't find a model number or I would search Sony. It's just a radio/CD receiver with a removable faceplate. No visible aux in or USB ports.

Any ideas?  

Thanks,

Chris

Post of picture of the faceplace and someone here may be able to identify what the model is. 2003 is old enough that you're probably looking at a line-in option via a 3.5mm (headphone) cable. The 2011 should have a 1 DIN "standard" car stereo in the armrest behind the throttle; your best bet may be to ditch the 2003 technology and upgrade to a modern head unit (or go "headless" with a bluetooth receiver. The only reason I wouldn't upgrade is if you have transom remotes that will become worthless hole covers mounted to the boat.