Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'The Book' Cheatsheet

TOAST

We've been watch The Book series getting excited for the new year.

I thought it might be handy to have some of the notes from the DVD on the boat. I may jot down a couple of ideas to help me remember the key points and excercises.

Has anyone already created some kind of cheatsheet?

TOAST -

I think this is a great idea. Last year I would come in from a run and try to remember a lesson from The Book. It's the only justification for TV/DVD in the bu. So many times last year I wish I could just watch a chapter and then try right then and there. A cheat sheet with be perfect. If I draft anything I'll send it over, sure would be nice but a laminated cheat sheet can't compare to a 3 min clip of a drill/run.

Maybe there is another use for an Ipod video?

If we come up dry here, I'll see if I can get around to it.

Won't be till April though given the other 'projects' I've got on my plate right now. . . Good thing it is still winter in Oregon.

RiverRunner - thanksa DVD player is an option I hadn't thought of - but I'm thinking a quick list will be easier on the water for a quick reminder.

We have both Detention and The Book. Detention was fun for the kids as their initial introduction to wakeboarding and got them excited to try. The Book is much more thorough imo and will really help improve riding.

We have both Detention and The Book. Detention was fun for the kids as their initial introduction to wakeboarding and got them excited to try. The Book is much more thorough imo and will really help improve riding.

Did you get the entire set of The Book? Seems like too much info.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great idea...I started making notes (handwritten) from the Foundation last summer and it helps to have something to look at. I was planning on putting it into excel or something but haven't had the time. I just got the Spinning dvd for this year and plan to do the same. If anyone has created some notes, it would be great to share!

I wish they would add something to the dvd cover or an insert with this type info. Also, portable dvd sounds cool but can you see it well in the sunlight?

Dan -- we did buy the whole set. Your right there is a lot of info there - and probably overkill. We are just trying to digest the foundation disc at this point. I've got some young kids - so they may grow into some of the other discs.

If we come up dry here, I'll see if I can get around to it.

Won't be till April though given the other 'projects' I've got on my plate right now. . . Good thing it is still winter in Oregon.

Toast,

It's April now. Got the list???

Thanks, TOAST.

I'm going to try to find someone with the DVDs so I can check it out before buying. I might only want one or two of the set.

We've been watch The Book series getting excited for the new year.

I thought it might be handy to have some of the notes from the DVD on the boat. I may jot down a couple of ideas to help me remember the key points and excercises.

Has anyone already created some kind of cheatsheet?

Have you thought of Wake Physics?

The book is water proof and has step-by-step instructions of about 100 different tricks...

Baddog -- :biteme: - but thanks for the reminder and "encouragement". Tease2.gif

Chaabo - Wake Physics looks good, I'll add it to my instructional arsenal. Still interested the approach/process from The Book too.

• 4 weeks later...

OK - quick update while it is still April. Whistling.gif

I spent a couple of cross country flights capturing the instructions for the "Building a Foundation" disc.

I think I have most of the content right. But I need to convert it from more of a transcript (5 pages of bullets) to a quick check list and edit for clarity. I also want to add a couple of diagrams. (but wasn't able do get the screen capture)

I've got a couple more long flights this week to make a some more edits. I should have another update by the end of the week.

portable dvd player around a $100 if you don't have one

Or convert the DVD to MP4 format and upload it to your ipod video. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

OK - quick update while it is still April. Whistling.gif

I spent a couple of cross country flights capturing the instructions for the "Building a Foundation" disc.

I think I have most of the content right. But I need to convert it from more of a transcript (5 pages of bullets) to a quick check list and edit for clarity. I also want to add a couple of diagrams. (but wasn't able do get the screen capture)

I've got a couple more long flights this week to make a some more edits. I should have another update by the end of the week.

I wasn't going to say anything but . . . . .

Thanks for doing this, it will be apprecaited by many.

• 1 month later...

OK -- I've finally got a pretty decent cut of cheatsheet for the "Building a Foundation" disc.

Edging Drills

Wake Slides

HS Jumps

TS Jumps

Board Control Drills (almost there but needs little more work)

PM me if you'd like to check out the draft and provide some feedback. It will only be helpful if you are familiar/own "The Book" DVDs.

Pls include your email address in your PM so I can send the file back to you (2.5mb)

Edited by TOAST

I too own the whole set and it was worth every penny...!! Yeah it may seem like a lot of info but if you're into learning at some point you'll get a develop a little progression and get tired or doing HS/TS jumps and want to learn a 360 or tanturm...? I know we're all not going to be doin S-bends but I bet if you're an intermediate rider you're working on at least one trick from each of those discs IMO..... And the beginner ones are good refreshers on edges,riding styles and simple stuff that sometime you forget the basics of...