Sign in to follow this  
wakeparadise

Window Tint

wakeparadise

HI All,

Maybe a stupid question, but can anyone tell me if it's possible to tint the windows without replacing the glass? (And I mean something "professional" that's not going to be having bubbles in it or peeling off)

Thanks!

wakebrdr94

Yes it is.

wakeparadise

Would this be mostly a "dealer" thing or could I entrust a local shop to do it? Or is it something I can do myself?

wakesetter8796

Well some shops won't do it at all, some require you to take off the windshield, and some will do it with the windshield still on.

wakebrdr94

my buddy had a guy he always used for his cars, a mobile guy. asked if he could do a boat, looked at it first, said he could do it, did a good job

Wakesetter67

Mine was done without taking the windshield out, I went with 20% looks awesome and defiantly changes the look of your boat, T2.jpgMalibuCalender-1.jpgPhoneBoat032.jpg

old skool malibu

I tinted my first boat...looked really cool but more fashion than function IMO. I had issues at dusk seeing properly...I have yet to tint any of the other 2 boats I have since had.

Wakesetter67

Never had that issue, in fact helps at sundown when headed up river facing the sun, When we come in at dark I'm always looking over the windshield as to see everything, so for me Fashion and function!!

jgates237

I tinted my first boat...looked really cool but more fashion than function IMO. I had issues at dusk seeing properly...I have yet to tint any of the other 2 boats I have since had.

I just picked up a 2011 VLX that has tints. Plan is to remove them real soon as I can't see a dang thing foward. They seriously reduce your forward vision which greatly increases the possibilty of not seeing something I would like to such as debris, riders, other boats. Having to look over the glass kind of defeats it purpose.

Edited by jgates237

Bill_AirJunky

My brother & a buddy of mine both have tinted windshields. Both of the installers swore they would never do another one. No idea why it was so tough.

Qstint.jpg

JakesBoat.jpg

Mjlee1985

Do it! It looks bad a** and most "good" tint shops can do. I wouldn't suggest taking it out for them unless they ask. I got a quote a couple weeks ago for my old vlx., they said $300 using 3m tint.