Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Driftwood interior pics wanted!

chadwick02

Playing around on ispec, thinking about integrating driftwood into the interior. Trying to 'darken' the interior, make it sporty and slick, almost like the interior of a Lexus, if that makes any sense.

I've attached a few pictures from ispec, but I'm having a real tough time finding pictures of driftwood (boat trader, ebay, tmc...etc).

Anyone with driftwood interior please post them!

Also trying to compare moonbeam to platinum, cant really tell a difference in ispec at all.

Fairly sure I want to stick with sterling (gray) carpet.

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm trying to think out of the norm without going too exotic.

Thanks!!

Chad

post-1978-0-05527700-1359693481_thumb.jp

post-1978-0-25383900-1359693502_thumb.jp

post-1978-0-19249600-1359693517_thumb.jp

Here are a couple with the driftwood on the interior of my last two boats. I had sterling silver at the start of this year on the carpet saver. Then they sent me the correct one. Most people never even noticed the fact that the carpet was different than the interior.

For some reasons my pictures arent showing up. I am heading home today and I can post some when I get home.

Edited by Malibuzer

My colors are Platinum main, driftwood and white accents, ebony bead, and white floor. The platinum is like a light tan so it really goes well with driftwood, IMO. The moonbeam is a light gray. I have a few pics in this thread: http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40805-taking-the-plunge-buying-23-lsv/?hl=%2Bmalibu+%2Bcover

The boat builder on the site does not do it justice. In fact, it just plain lies. LOL! The driftwood interior is awesome!

Edited by bamabonners

Here is one of the best looking, classiest boats I've ever seen. The exterior is Platinum and Driftwood with Ebony accents. The interior uses Driftwood and Ebony but I'm not certain of the other colors.

post-8878-0-87413900-1359773052_thumb.jp post-8878-0-25268800-1359773067_thumb.jp

post-8878-0-55805700-1359773106_thumb.jp post-8878-0-30998100-1359773170_thumb.jp

Note the Suede color carpet. I think this looks better with the platinum and driftwood tones.

When I saw this boat on the showroom floor several years ago, I swore this was the color scheme I would get when I ordered a new boat. Ultimately, my kids talked me into ordering something flashier but I still love this color scheme.

I think another Bu Crew member bought this boat and subsequently traded it in.

Edited by Brent Wall

My current boat's exterior is Yellow, Moonbeam and Ebony and the interior is Moonbeam, White and Light Graphite.

post-8878-0-06792900-1359774047_thumb.jp post-8878-0-83599500-1359774066_thumb.jp

I just ordered a 2013 23 LSV with a Yellow, Charcoal and Ebony exterior and a Moonbeam, White, Graphite and Ebony interior.

post-8878-0-74181800-1359774317_thumb.jp

Edited by Brent Wall

Here's a real picture of the interior I ordered on my new boat. The lighting is a bit better here than on the interior picture of my current boat.

post-8878-0-88725000-1359775080_thumb.jp

Base Vinyl: Moonbeam

Main Vinyl: White

Accent Vinyl 1: Graphite

Bead: Yellow

Cushion Panel: Ebony

Awesome, thanks for all the responses guys!! This decision is harder than that of actually buying the boat!! Ugg.

One thing I'm learning is that I'm not sure how fond I am of driftwood and white combinations on the cushions. I think if I did driftwood I would do both the main and base driftwood, similar to the Saskatoon boats. Hmmmm.

i didn't like the driftwood as the main seat cushion. I really liked the darker color (driftwood) in the back, Platinum (lighter brown) on seats, then white on the front part of the seat. The black bead really sets it off as well.

Awesome, thanks for all the responses guys!! This decision is harder than that of actually buying the boat!! Ugg.

One thing I'm learning is that I'm not sure how fond I am of driftwood and white combinations on the cushions. I think if I did driftwood I would do both the main and base driftwood, similar to the Saskatoon boats. Hmmmm.

I've got driftwood and white and can tell you its beautiful...I need to renew and then I'll post pictures.