Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you offer for this boat?

Joeprunc

Just by looking at the pics, i'd be very weary of the up keep of the engine and runing gear. There could be a big cost in repairs if it wasn't taken care of.. A picture tells a thousand words. Be cautious.

I will never understand why someone would even post pics like that when they are trying to sell something!! Take freakin 1 hr and make the thing half a** presentable....wouldnt pay more than 9k with testing it out first.

• Like 2

Guy couldn't even take the cover all the way off for a pic? Have you ever done projects like this, that may entail a whole lot more than expected?

Even if yes, I wonder if you might be better off finding that boat that some cool guy babied and pampered for more cache ?

Steve B.

Buyer beware when an empty Dr. Pepper can is left in the front storage compartment. WTF. Like everyone said, offer 1/2 the price he's looking for and see what his counter offer is. Be prepared to put some money into it though.

I think you would be better off getting a better boat for more money.

You may want to consider the condition of trailer for resale value. My 96 Magnum trailer cost me close to $800 (new tires, master brake cylinder, hydraulic arm, brake fluid, paint, stickers) - all of which was a surprise!

It will clean up nicely, I would offer him $10 and have the cash in hand when you offer it. After selling my last boat I experienced what it was like from the seller's seat, and I ignored anyone's offers that weren't standing in front of me!

• 4 weeks later...

And are on crack if they think they are getting 20k out of that boat.

Totally. Guess that's just their starting point? Not sure what some people think. I could put all new everything in my Echelon, and still struggle to get 12k.