Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu 24 MXZ hits North Carolina!

thtrog

You (and your son) did a phenomial job on the gel scheme / interior scheme. Best darn looking scheme I've seen on a LONG time. That flat gray gel accent on top really ties in the interior gray so well. Just a great job designing that bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Crew! The color combo was one of few killer ones my son put together, we tweaked it a little bit. The red accents on the wheels were made possible by the great guys at Boatmate Trailers. I was really impressed how well they matched the metallic on the trailer, it's not a typical paint job. The red theme carries on with the LS3 and some LED work to follow....

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Is the red paint on the wheels color matched "Regal" or is it the basic red option available with those rims from Boatmate?

Cory, as far as I know Boatmate painted the trim rings to match the Regal red. If you search Moto Metal 961 you'll see trim rings offered in red, so i'm not positive. I do know that I've seen other wheels that Boatmate have custom painted. I can find out more details if needed, just let me know.

Eddie

I'm considering some last minute changes to my order (if possible--my spray date is March 22 and our factory tour is March 28th). One of the changes I'm considering is switching to the Moto Metal 961 Chrome wheels. The brochure I have states the trim is offered in chrome, red, or color matched, but the color matched is an up charge of $166. I was wondering if you ordered red or you ordered color matched to Malibu "regal." I'm not sure if the standard red already matches the malibu regal???

Edited by Cory
Stay Tuned, the stereo install is coming together and the weather is getting warmer!!! Lots going on with the system, so when it's done I'll share and get the boat on the water. My son does not have the Dr's release to wakeboard, so we'll probably be giving it a workout surfing this Spring.

272fe165-eb43-4e0a-bda2-d3550f35d4a9_zps

Edited by thtrog

I'm considering some last minute changes to my order (if possible--my spray date is March 22 and our factory tour is March 28th). One of the changes I'm considering is switching to the Moto Metal 961 Chrome wheels. The brochure I have states the trim is offered in chrome, red, or color matched, but the color matched is an up charge of $166. I was wondering if you ordered red or you ordered color matched to Malibu "regal." I'm not sure if the standard red already matches the malibu regal???

I heard back this morning and yes the trim ring is a custom match, also the 961 is priced as a premium wheel. PM Sent

What happened to your son? No boarding this season? Bummer...

I honestly don’t know the future of wakeboarding for my son; he started experiencing back pain last March and was initially treated for a muscle sprain. He was scheduled to ride Jr. Men’s on the Pro Tour for 2012, but that was not in his plans. After not improving he was diagnosed with spondylolysis, a condition where the fifth vertebrae has fractured on both sides. He spent countless hours over the year’s wakeboarding, snowboarding, and skateboarding at an earlier age. He also trained on a trampoline most days, during and the off season. With the impact he’s taken over time I don’t have doubt this has contributed to his condition. His Dr. told us several times that he would have had the same issues with any impact sport. He said the thin bone structure is hereditary; they commonly treat football players, soccer players, gymnast, and other athletes. Currently, he’s in a more intensive rehab program and they’ll evaluate him early May. He even invited the Dr. to make it an on-the-water evaluation! :)

Thanks for asking…it’s been a long year not seeing my rider in the rearview mirror, but we’re still optimistic. He does want to ride again and it may not be at a competitive level, but still having fun.

Edited by thtrog
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Do you plan on running extra ballast? I don't think we have seen a slammed 24MXZ wakeboard wake yet. :thumbup:

I do...plan to start with 750's in the back, 1000 bow sac, and 500 lbs lead bags to tweak it out.
  • Like 2

I do...plan to start with 750's in the back, 1000 bow sac, and 500 lbs lead bags to tweak it out.

That should do it! Can't wait to see it. Your boat looks fantastic by the way.

I honestly dont know the future of wakeboarding for my son; he started experiencing back pain last March and was initially treated for a muscle sprain. He was scheduled to ride Jr. Mens on the Pro Tour for 2012, but that was not in his plans. After not improving he was diagnosed with spondylolysis, a condition where the fifth vertebrae has fractured on both sides. He spent countless hours over the years wakeboacontinues g wboarding, and skateboarding at an earlier age. He also trained on a trampoline most days, during and the off season. With the impact hes taken over time I dont have doubt this has contributed to his condition. His Dr. told us several times that he would have had the same issues with any impact sport. He said the thin bone structure is hereditary; they commonly treat football players, soccer players, gymnast, and other athletes. Currently, hes in a more intensive rehab program and theyll evaluate him early May. He even invited the Dr. to make it an on-the-water evaluation! :)

Thanks for askingits been a long year not seeing my rider in the rearview mirror, but were still optimistic. He does want to ride again and it may not be at a competitive level, but still having fun.

He is way to young for back issues, smart move pulling him off the board. Wakeboarding is a fun sport but it pays nothing for a living. I hope he continues to improve, and there is always surfing... especially with your 24 mxz!

I honestly don’t know the future of wakeboarding for my son; he started experiencing back pain last March and ...

Sounds like he's really passionate about the sport. If he is I'm confident he can rehab and get back on the horse. As with any injury, you learn what you did wrong, rehab to fix it, work on prevention in the future and keep doing what you love. Gorgeous boat as previously mentioned and I can't wait to see what you can make with the wake. Glad to see another boater pushing the limits on new boats. It would be the first thing I do too - see what it can really do, you know?

Edited by wakeboarder3780

What happened to your son? No boarding this season? Bummer...

I honestly don’t know the future of wakeboarding for my son; he started experiencing back pain last March and was initially treated for a muscle sprain. He was scheduled to ride Jr. Men’s on the Pro Tour for 2012, but that was not in his plans. After not improving he was diagnosed with spondylolysis, a condition where the fifth vertebrae has fractured on both sides. He spent countless hours over the year’s wakeboarding, snowboarding, and skateboarding at an earlier age. He also trained on a trampoline most days, during and the off season. With the impact he’s taken over time I don’t have doubt this has contributed to his condition. His Dr. told us several times that he would have had the same issues with any impact sport. He said the thin bone structure is hereditary; they commonly treat football players, soccer players, gymnast, and other athletes. Currently, he’s in a more intensive rehab program and they’ll evaluate him early May. He even invited the Dr. to make it an on-the-water evaluation! :)

Thanks for asking…it’s been a long year not seeing my rider in the rearview mirror, but we’re still optimistic. He does want to ride again and it may not be at a competitive level, but still having fun.

Wow I have Spondylolisthesis. I have had back issues Beginning in 1988. This disorder led to my disc bulging and I had a discectomy in 2004. It's been a struggle but I have to watch what I do. Balance certain types of exercise with a pile of stretching. What bugs me the most now is standing. I can't stand for long. Working on core strength is key. Tell him to take it easy, back issues are no fun. I am able to do lots just have to realize my limits.

• 1 month later...