Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu 24 MXZ hits North Carolina!

thtrog

thtrog- Do you know the specs of the wheels and tires? Make, Model, size, offset? I am looking for a new set for my 247 and those look killer!

Great looking boat

Thanks, The wheels are Moto Metal 961, 18x9, +10mm offset and 5x4.5 lug spacing and the tires are 255/45ZR/18. You would want to verify the wheel specs needed with your trailer manufacturer.

MileHigh, Mine came with Nitto NT555 Extreme with heavy duty load rating. I feel that they are a better tire than the nexen n3000 that I previously had. I never had problems with my nexen, but they did seem to wear pretty quickly and shorter sidewall made the trailer ride a little rougher.

Thanks for all the help! i am going to talk to my local wheel shop today to see what i can find!!

Edit: Also i have a tandem Boatmate so all those specs look just right!

Edited by MileHighRango

thats a SWEET looking boat!! your gonna have to let me know how that ls3 does in that bad boy... im ordering my 22mxz next week with the supercharged lsa and might switch to the ls3.... is there a big difference in the gps speed control vs the regular speed control?

thats a SWEET looking boat!! your gonna have to let me know how that ls3 does in that bad boy... im ordering my 22mxz next week with the supercharged lsa and might switch to the ls3.... is there a big difference in the gps speed control vs the regular speed control?

I can't wait to run it, Ron at Wizard Lake Marine was kind enough to makes some runs for me loaded down with the LS3. It performed well in the videos he sent me and wake was huge! I pull tournaments and yes the GPS speed control is spot on, so it's well worth it to me.

No thread hijack but are you supposed to rotate trailer tires every 3000 miles?

Good question, I've not but see no reason not too...just remember some tires are directional. I do torque them after the first 100 miles or so and have found a few lugs that needed it.

One last question on your bimini, what model is that you have on your boat? And does that model not adjust the height of the back of the bimini? My 11 had two different settings you can put them on. Im a little confused on the four different versions available now.

Again, beautiful boat! Looking forward to seeing your stereo and pics of someone launching behind it... hope they have good knees! :)

One last question on your bimini, what model is that you have on your boat? And does that model not adjust the height of the back of the bimini? My 11 had two different settings you can put them on. Im a little confused on the four different versions available now.

Again, beautiful boat! Looking forward to seeing your stereo and pics of someone launching behind it... hope they have good knees! :)

Thanks, That's fine...I had to ask a lot of questions just to decide on the boat. I've never bought any model without a test drive, but my son was not able to ride so we did not travel for a test drive. The GL bimini is their own design, so yes has some differences you've noted....wish I would have put it up so I could reply if I think it's better or not. Here's the only other view I took a picture of....

IMG_3861.jpg

Just noticed myself, I guess the additional holes at the top of the tower for mounting bracket on the new slider bimini.

Edit - Fman, the model I have it the Great Lakes hinged and it is Sunbrella.

Edited by thtrog

I appreciate the information...

My biggest concern is also fitting the boat in my garage without having to remove the bimini every time. My dealer pretty much said I could go with any bimini they have available. I just need the back to disconnect and fold down. Looking at the pictures on your boat it appears the back is pretty fixed and is not able to disconnect, or maybe I am not viewing the picture correctly.

Maybe when you get the boat back you can deploy the bimini and give us some feedback on what you like and dont like. I also noticed the two front pole connectors are a different style than my '11.

Thanks to Boatmate for featuring our MXZ and trailer on Facebook. They manufacture a great product and are true partners of the industry!

Please show support and "LIKE" their fan page. Thanks, Eddie

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Boatmate-Trailers-LLC/182898138424660

I will be your friend on FB too! :)

ET

Edited by thtrog

I got to see the Great Lakes bimini deployed today at the boat show. I really like how the 2 front supports are hinged and fit over the clamps on the tower. The back hinge appears to line up well, the pin goes in from the top. Did not try it, but I guess there is just enough room to insert the pin before you velcro the canvas to the frame. You can tell the Sunbrella is so much nicer, there is not a zipper to access the tow point, but a over-sized opening. Not great pics, but hopefully you can tell how it's designed.

F9619BB6-A692-481E-B19E-990B00B5FE4A-257

77076940-4466-4827-8EF0-C484318716E4-257

1FC49F1D-53C8-4D7A-ACF3-31B96307450D-257

Eddie, was there a rear adjustment? And does it look like when the tower is folded will it collapse down at the back or is the bar not adjustable? My 11 had a couple pins on it that you could adjust the rear of the bimini and then actually take it apart when the tower folded down. It looks like a really nice bimini, not sure its user friendly for someone that folds there tower down and is limited on clearance height.

Eddie, was there a rear adjustment? And does it look like when the tower is folded will it collapse down at the back or is the bar not adjustable? My 11 had a couple pins on it that you could adjust the rear of the bimini and then actually take it apart when the tower folded down. It looks like a really nice bimini, not sure its user friendly for someone that folds there tower down and is limited on clearance height.

There is no rear adjustment, but seems you could release it at the tower quick disconnect. They were showing someone how the tower lowered on another boat and the bimini arms didn't appear to be higher than the hoop. I can take a better look if I go tomorrow, we have 2 shows going on in NC this weekend.

If you would not mind I would appreciate it. Im not seeing any disconnecting points in the rear other than regular screw to take out to fold it down.

I'll check it out for you...if the dealer at the show tomorrow ordered GL tops. ;)

Fman, The boats at the show yesterday all had the CS bimini's, one had the new slider. The slider looks much better in person than the one in the video. The slider brackets are more refined and black, but you still have to remove for clearance if you fold the tower. I did confirm that the Great Lakes bimini has quick releases on the tower for the bimini arms.

If I ever decide to pony up the cash for a new 'Bu, I'm coming to you and Benj to design it. I loved last year's black/blue combo, and the new one looks great too! Congrats on another killer boat!

If I ever decide to pony up the cash for a new 'Bu, I'm coming to you and Benj to design it. I loved last year's black/blue combo, and the new one looks great too! Congrats on another killer boat!

Thanks, hope you can come ride with us sometime!