Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu 24 MXZ hits North Carolina!

thtrog

Have you watched the video? I've not seen it in person, but it does not look much faster and I had no issues with the existing bimini. The main reason I declined was the long arms when it is not deployed...you have to remove those brackets if you want to lower the tower. I guess the same could be said about the cargo top....so I'm sure it's fine.

Just curious, why did you not go with the style that does not attach to the front crossbar? My dealer had one set up on there 24 MXZ and it looked great. Apparently it is super easy to put up and take down, I was planning on getting this one for my VLX order. I would like to hear the pros and cons to both of them.

Have you watched the video? I've not seen it in person, but it does not look much faster and I had no issues with the existing bimini. The main reason I declined was the long arms when it is not deployed...you have to remove those brackets if you want to lower the tower. I guess the same could be said about the cargo top....so I'm sure it's fine.

Do you have a link to the video? My dealer said I could have either bimini, I do have to collapse the tower to fit in my garage so this would be a problem if it had to be removed every time.

Great Boat and the colours are nice...Massive

How long has the bluetooth been a option

Surf gate has onlu just arrived in Aus... We are a little behind

I am very curious to know more about the aqua fusion mat. Does anybody know more about it and the pros and cons?

Joe, I had the aqua fusion mat in my boat all last season and really liked it. The best I can describe it is a woven vinyl, it does not absorb or hold water. It does have a solid backing so some water can get under it, but drys well. It's close to $500 list price option, to me it's worth it to not have to deal with wet carpet.

interesting, the front bimini pole bracket on the 2012 is a little different than the 2013. The front bar goes into the hole, but the whole is deeper than it was on the 2011. For 2013, looks like the pole goes over the bracket nipple thingy. 3 years, 3 different brackets? :crazy:

I am curious how you are going to get that wonderful cooler out from under that seat with it hinged like it is... anyone have experience?

Actually the first thing I tried...the seat lifts enough to lift the cooler out. The boat was also shipped with the soft Malibu cooler.

interesting, the front bimini pole bracket on the 2012 is a little different than the 2013. The front bar goes into the hole, but the whole is deeper than it was on the 2011. For 2013, looks like the pole goes over the bracket nipple thingy. 3 years, 3 different brackets? :crazy:

It is different and I should have taken the time to put it up. To the best of my knowledge there are 4 bimini options: GL hinged, CS hinged, CS Slider, and the cargo top.

Edited by thtrog

It would not bother me if the seats were not hinged, I like to be able to dry the back of the seat cushions. I do like the hinged seat back in the bow.

The long port seat is hinged and has deep storage, the rubber mat is just dropped in...I may trim it to fit better.

IMG_3891.jpg

Starboard seat for back rest

IMG_3890.jpg

Are they putting carpet in the ski lockers and storage compartments now? Oh no, I really hope not.... it looks nice but I had that beforein my Supra and its terrible... its hard to dry out and gets mildew very easily. Im hoping the VLX is still using the wet tek floor in the storage and ski lockers.

Are they putting carpet in the ski lockers and storage compartments now? Oh no, I really hope not.... it looks nice but I had that beforein my Supra and its terrible... its hard to dry out and gets mildew very easily. Im hoping the VLX is still using the wet tek floor in the storage and ski lockers.

I think it's just on the MXZ, some of the storage compartments anyway...not the rear lockers.

Edited by thtrog

WOW, I really love this boat. LOVE IT. I'm usually against flake on boats (makes me think of a bass boat) but this is really well done. Love the trailer as well - money well spent there.

My complaint is how Indmar is doing the LS3's water tubing between the manifolds. It looks like a total after thought, the hoses are poorly routed and takes away from the look of the motor. I HOPE that distribute block is at least mounted but I can't tell from the pictures. Good news is that it wouldn't be too hard or expensive to re-route those lines the way Indmar should have to begin with.

• Like 2

WOW, I really love this boat. LOVE IT. I'm usually against flake on boats (makes me think of a bass boat) but this is really well done. Love the trailer as well - money well spent there.

My complaint is how Indmar is doing the LS3's water tubing between the manifolds. It looks like a total after thought, the hoses are poorly routed and takes away from the look of the motor. I HOPE that distribute block is at least mounted but I can't tell from the pictures. Good news is that it wouldn't be too hard or expensive to re-route those lines the way Indmar should have to begin with.

Thanks, I agree about the hose routing....

Are there any drains in those compartments on the back deck?

Don't think so, but that's a easy fix with a drill bit. I pulled them out last year so the ballast bags could fully fill. The comparments on the 24 look deeper and may not be an issue.

Tell us about the stereo you are installing...

All the factory speakers and amp are coming out, the boat's in members MLA shop now. I'll hold out the full details until it's done, but it will be a full KICKER system again.

Last year's system