Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Malibu 24 MXZ hits North Carolina!

thtrog

The weather cleared and allowed me to take delivery first of the week. I stopped by the marina to take pictures, but did not drop it in for a test run. I was so tempted on such a nice day, but time didn't allow & the lake had lots of debris from recent rise in the water level. Just before another front, the boat is dry in the shop for stereo work. Spring can’t come soon enough!

IMG_3845.jpg

Hull Colors

Deck Base – Light Graphite

Deck Accent – Charcoal Metallic

Deck Main – Regal

Hull Main – Charcoal Metallic

Hull Accent – Lt Graphite

Hull Accent 2 – Regal

Hull Base - Regal

Platform – Regal

Tower – Regal

Interior Colors

Aqua Fusion Mat (Sterling)

Base – Moonbeam

Main – Lt. Graphite

Accent 1 – Graphite

Accent 2 - Regal

Cushion Panel – Ebony

Dash – Ebony

Options

Engine - LS3 6.2L / 450 HP

GPS Speed Control / Navigation
Power Wedge
Surf Gate
4 Tank MLS Ballast System

Malibu Plug N Play

Glove Box Accent - SS

Pull Up Cleats – 3 Pair

Docking Lights

Underwater Transom Lights
Aqua Fusion Mat
High Altitude prop (Acme 1235)
Bimini Top – Great Lakes

Factory Towing Cover – Great Lakes

Battery Option 2

Silent Tip Exhaust – SS

Transom Flush Kit

G3 Tower Knobs

G3 Tower Faceplates

MXZ Sound Pack

Mobile Device Gateway - Bluetooth

Boatmate Trailer – Tandem

2 Tone – Black/Metallic Charcoal

18” Wheels /18” Spare / Spare Tire Carrier

Painted Aluminum Tread Plates & Light Rings

LED Runway Lighting / Clear Lens LED Lights /Step Mates

Bow Strap / Transom Straps

Thanks Crew! The color combo was one of few killer ones my son put together, we tweaked it a little bit. The red accents on the wheels were made possible by the great guys at Boatmate Trailers. I was really impressed how well they matched the metallic on the trailer, it's not a typical paint job. The red theme carries on with the LS3 and some LED work to follow....

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

Great looking boat.

Isnt the aqua mat the coolest?! I love it.

Can you send me some pics of those flaps on your truck, please? We tow alot and I would love to make some or buy some of those.

They are Rock Tamers, they came from www.mudflaps.com a couple years ago. I used the Malibu flaps bought on here in a group buy.

Edited by thtrog

Sick boat! That boat is massive! Congratulations... That wake is going to be crazy huge... I have a couple questions for you..

How much extra weight are you going to add with pnp?

How do you like the new bimini? I really like how there are no poles coming off tower. Super easy to put up and take down. Do you have any pics of bimin deployed?

I just looked again at your pics... did they not give you the new bimini top? My dealer has one that has no front bars to connect when its deployed. I see you have the braces mounted on the front hoop.

Edited by Fman

I am in love. Great looking boat!!!!!

I don't like how Indmar now calls all of their engines 'Monsoon'. Without knowing the new change, if you told me the boat had the 'monsoon' motor, I would have scoffed. Since the Monsoon motor for many years has been a reference to only the 5.7L engine.

The LS3 looks beautiful.

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 2

Sick boat! That boat is massive! Congratulations... That wake is going to be crazy huge... I have a couple questions for you..

How much extra weight are you going to add with pnp?

How do you like the new bimini? I really like how there are no poles coming off tower. Super easy to put up and take down. Do you have any pics of bimin deployed?

I just looked again at your pics... did they not give you the new bimini top? My dealer has one that has no front bars to connect when its deployed. I see you have the braces mounted on the front hoop.

Thanks! I plan on adding 750's in the rear and have a bow sac and lead bags if needed...also 80 gal of fuel back there! I did not get the new slider bimini from CS, after seeing the video and talking to them on the phone I decided to stay with the hinged. I had the boat less than 24 hours, so I did not deploy it. I did take a couple pics of the hardware, it appears to have a new hinge and front supports. Best of all the GL canvas is all Sunbrella, even a nice boot for the bimini.

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

I am in love. Great looking boat!!!!!

I don't like how Indmar now calls all of their engines 'Monsoon'. Without knowing the new change, if you told me the boat had the 'monsoon' motor, I would have scoffed. Since the Monsoon motor for many years has been a reference to only the 5.7L engine.

The LS3 looks beautiful.

Thanks Tall, it's the first boat that my wife has actually told me she likes. :biggrin: I have not asked, but I expect the change in engine badging came from Malibu, it allows them to offer the same lineup in Axis also. It is somewhat confusing that the HP does not match the model.

Just curious, why did you not go with the style that does not attach to the front crossbar? My dealer had one set up on there 24 MXZ and it looked great. Apparently it is super easy to put up and take down, I was planning on getting this one for my VLX order. I would like to hear the pros and cons to both of them.