Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skin warranty?

wakebrdr94

Don't sound right to me. They paid to haul my boat from nc to tn and back for warranty skin work, done by Chris Phillips I think was his name. But normally I think Malibu will pay your dealer to have a third party install it.

Not to High jack, But I'm dealing with a discoloration on just the Gray skin, and at first they denied the claim, The boat is only 3 years old, I fired back and said so my 13 year old 22000.00 Ski Sanger has better vinyl then my 70000. + Malibu Really, I told them I will not settle for anything less then replacement, If sun causes discoloration then this boat is worthless, and we maybe get 3 months out of the year that's nice, It's not like I live in Florida Or CA, Should be interesting to see what they do. I'm Malibu's biggest supporter, But I can be there biggest Pain in the A--. If they deny this claim.

I have had discoloration issues on the grey vinyl they used on the hatch doors also. Seems to be related to the cover, but after it sets in the sun for a day or so it goes away. Funny thing is it always comes back in the same spots though.

• Like 1

3 year warranty ends next month, but the skins were ordered last month, and I was told I told need to pay the labor on replacing. Then the wrong skins were sent, go figure

I had the discoloration issue, they replaced that and we're cool about it. This is actually the separation in the stitching on the starboard side rear cushion. Just tearing

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 1

I have only used my cover in Bad weather but never in the hot sun, When we camp it's on all night but off first thing in the AM, Funny the same material is on the sun deck and its fine, You would think that gets more intense heat then the 2 front panels where the speakers mount, I'm taking it to my dealer tomorrow for a tower issue also and I want them to see it first hand.

3 year warranty ends next month, but the skins were ordered last month, and I was told I told need to pay the labor on replacing. Then the wrong skins were sent, go figure

I had the discoloration issue, they replaced that and we're cool about it. This is actually the separation in the stitching on the starboard side rear cushion. Just tearing

Man, I know it sucks for them to not pay for the labor, but be stoked you are getting the skins. I wouldn't think it would cost much to have a reputable vinyl shop remove old skins and install new. I would say your winning more than 1/2 the battle.

Yes but mine does not go away in the sun...So it looks like people have had problems with this color??

Yes, mainly from the Black OEM covers if left on during a hot day. This discoloration will in most cases start and then disappeasr in sunlight but each time getting worse and worse until it's permanent. Those that have gone to the Grey OEM covers don't have the problem, or lighter color vinyl, or have a cover w/ sunbrella fabric avoid having these issues.

Wakesetter67 that's completely unacceptable in my book. Honestly if you're buying a boat new.. you're doing it to be ensured you don't have problems. If I dropped cash on a new boat that looked like that I would be FURIOUS. Keep us posted on how they handle it.

Took it by the dealer today, They took pic's and will send them in to Malibu, I will settle for nothing less then replacement, and your right totally unacceptable My 20000.00 something Ski Sanger had the same color and no issues for 13 years, I let them know that!!!! And yes it's in the bow and a little on top of the battery compartment door, I will let you know what they say!!