Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Fully Loaded" Malibu

Nitrousbird

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one that through that was a low blow. :lol:

Ouch..its not that bad. We get a solid 4 months of boating in..ha ha

Where do yall live that you only get 4mos of boatin in with 80k boats?

It doesn't annoy me actually. I just have learned through the years that everyone's opinion is different on the matter. So when I am looking for a boat/ car whatever I just ignore that part of the add and ask about the features that matter to me.

Here's my take on this subject... and this is coming from a guy who buys and sells a car every year, and has bought/sold 3 boats in the past 4 years... in other words I look at and write A LOT of ads.

The terms "loaded" or "fully loaded" means absolutely nothing. In fact, it's usually a red flag. When I see it, I typically know I'm dealing with a lazy or uneducated seller. I've just ignored this term for so long, I assumed everybody else did too. This is why I'm surprised to see so much fuss on this subject.

A good ad has good pictures. And if you look closely you will see all you need to about options. For example, it's quite easy to tell from pictures if a boat has power vs. manual wedge (either by the wedge or the door in the platform), or if it has a flip up bow light, heater, docking lights, silent tip exhaust, G3 mirror, 18's on the trailer, Sound Pack 3, Sub, etc. etc. Study the pics closely and you will know exactly what it has. If the pictures are bad, move on.

I actually never read the crap the seller writes in the description... it's almost always fluff.

Edited by IXFE

My opinion....just opinion, not fact....repeat just MY OPINION:

Ads are just that, advertizements. You are advertizing what you are selling. This SHOULD include an honest description of your product. However every American, Canadian, Australian, English speaking, westernized, non-poop-throwing, civilized human-being knows advertizements can and generally are misleading.

"But fully loaded should be loaded to the full extent of possibility, shouldn't it?"

Well, fully loaded in this or that seller's mind is fully loaded with all of the "important" options.

"Then it isn't fully loaded to the extent of possibility?"

Well if that were the case there would be no such thing as fully loaded.

"Huh?"

Dealer installed options are possible. CUSTOM installed dealer options are possible. If you don't have a custom made automated dingle-berry butt wiper built and installed in to the head of your boat, then your boat isn't fully optioned, is it?

"But the manufacturer didn't OFFER that as an option."

A buyer has the OPTION of throwing as much money at the purchase of a boat as they want. Therefore the dealer will give you any option you want (known to them or not) given a large enough price tag.

This argument, however funny, is completely irrelevant. Use your head and don't be so cynical. It's marketing, plain and simple. If you're looking for a product you're going to have to do your research and ignore the marketing aspects.

• Like 1

My opinion....just opinion, not fact....repeat just MY OPINION:

Ads are just that, advertizements. You are advertizing what you are selling. This SHOULD include an honest description of your product. However every American, Canadian, Australian, English speaking, westernized, non-poop-throwing, civilized human-being knows advertizements can and generally are misleading.

What if I'm American and still ''poop throwing". There are times that this will actually come in very handy.

Rethink your generalizations next time you post. You can be a civilized American, Australian, English, westernized and poop throwing and still know misleading advertisements.

It's only if your Canadian and poop-throwing that you may not be able to realize the difference.

JMO :lol:

What if I'm American and still ''poop throwing". There are times that this will actually come in very handy.

Rethink your generalizations next time you post. You can be a civilized American, Australian, English, westernized and poop throwing and still know misleading advertisements.

It's only if your Canadian and poop-throwing that you may not be able to realize the difference.

JMO :lol:

Damn...why the slam against us Canadians?! We did beat your butts back across the 49th parallel in 1812 and kick you out of Canada.... Oh and Malibu felt it only appropriate to create a Canadian edition boat...didn't see a USA edition!! :innocent: Seriously though I have to agree that a fully loaded boat should mean every option and that includes an engine upgrade. Not necessarily the best engine just an upgrade over the standard engine. I don't think there's anything wrong with Monsoon and wouldn't have a problem having one. Honestly, I'd just like to get another boat....I'd be happy with any options....you guys complain about winter...try going about 2-3 years before looking for another boat :cry: ...that's where I'm at right now. Waiting for 2015 so I can hopefully get a 2010 that's "fully loaded". :) :)

Edited by Sunscape fan

Dealer installed options are possible. CUSTOM installed dealer options are possible. If you don't have a custom made automated dingle-berry butt wiper built and installed in to the head of your boat, then your boat isn't fully optioned, is it?

"But the manufacturer didn't OFFER that as an option."

A buyer has the OPTION of throwing as much money at the purchase of a boat as they want. Therefore the dealer will give you any option you want (known to them or not) given a large enough price tag.

And we shall call this term "Fully loaded++" which is programmer lingo for 1 above fully loaded :)

• 2 weeks later...

Where do yall live that you only get 4mos of boatin in with 80k boats?

The Netherlands.... Start of our season: late April, ends: late October in dry suits..... Edited by wakefrankNL