Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Fully Loaded" Malibu

Nitrousbird

I've been seeing this a lot lately. People selling or buying a boat (I notice it mostly with Malibu's since I keep up on them the most) and they state it is fully loaded. Then I see the list of options and see significant things missing.

Usually the #1 on a fully loaded boat is the motor is either an LCR or Monsoon. So the "fully loaded" boat is missing the most expensive option you can have. Usually they are missing other significant things as well, such as shower, heater, Malivue, etc.

Fully loaded = all options. I find that is rarely the case. Just a pet peeve; nothing wrong with not having a fully loaded boat but don't represent it as something it is not.

Just bored at work and wanted to post something. :)

Here we go again with the anti-Monsoon bulls***e. Just because you opt for an engine that is larger doesnt always mean its a better option for some people. For the eighteenth time I have a Monsoon 350 and Ive never had any problems pulling out of the hole at 3300 feet elevation with ahigh altitude prop, full tanks, wedge, plus 1100 in fatsacks and 8 people. Never. So what freaking good would an upgrade costing me nearly 5000 dollars be? A mistake.....

My boat is fully loaded, no engine upgrade needed.

Geez guys...

but to the point nitrous, that's like saying a bmw 550 owner can't say its fully loaded because its not an M5...Personally I view engine options as a different "category" than other options because generally speaking "options" are always desirable. For SOME PEOPLE, top of the price chart engines are not.

Can't say I understand the negative comments towards nitrous - and I'd have to say I *fully* agree with him. When I was boat shopping I couldn't tell you how often you'd see "fully loaded" in the description. In fact the boat I ended up buying said "fully loaded" on the ad. Here's how my first phone call with the owner went.

Me: So it's fully loaded huh? Thats cool.

Owner: Yep it's got everything.

Me: Cool so it's got the heater on it?

Owner: No it doesn't have that.

Me: Oh ok, but it has the hot water shower?

Owner: No, it doesn't have that either.

Trust me, his post has merit. It can be extremely frustrating to buy boats and I have learned to give as much merit to the term "fully loaded" as I give "barely used" on ebay.

• Like 2

Bottom line is people are ignorant. They think that their stuff is always the best around because they've never had better.

Top of the line car stereo is the $149 CD player, right?

Fully loaded car with cloth and no power seats is a pretty normal claim.

I think to a lot of people "fully loaded" or "top of the line" = the best they can afford.

While I don't really care how people list options, I agree that if you are going to list that you have every option available then it should include motor options. The BMW analogy is a little off since an M5 is a totally different car than a regular 5 series, to include suspension, transmission, and interior.

Folks are bit prickly about the Op commenting on the effectivness of the Monsoon since he often makes it a point to state what a POS he thinks it is relative to the LS motors that are available.

Can't say I understand the negative comments towards nitrous - and I'd have to say I *fully* agree with him. When I was boat shopping I couldn't tell you how often you'd see "fully loaded" in the description. In fact the boat I ended up buying said "fully loaded" on the ad. Here's how my first phone call with the owner went.

Me: So it's fully loaded huh? Thats cool.

Owner: Yep it's got everything.

Me: Cool so it's got the heater on it?

Owner: No it doesn't have that.

Me: Oh ok, but it has the hot water shower?

Owner: No, it doesn't have that either.

Trust me, his post has merit. It can be extremely frustrating to buy boats and I have learned to give as much merit to the term "fully loaded" as I give "barely used" on ebay.

So to your point - his point is wrong. A fully loaded boat would have the supercharged motor.

Edited by Murphy8166

I think to a lot of people "fully loaded" or "top of the line" = the best they can afford.

Or, they just want to get interest going and generate some phone calls and activity. As a seller you can always negotiate down, but you can't negotiate if you don't get the phone call.

I'm not advocating it, just explaining (what I think is) the logic. I don't think I've ever put "loaded" or anything like that in an ad. List the options and stuff should speak for itself.

While I don't really care how people list options, I agree that if you are going to list that you have every option available then it should include motor options. The BMW analogy is a little off since an M5 is a totally different car than a regular 5 series, to include suspension, transmission, and interior.

Folks are bit prickly about the Op commenting on the effectivness of the Monsoon since he often makes it a point to state what a POS he thinks it is relative to the LS motors that are available.

True on BMW analogy, I'll revise: 535 owner can't say fully loaded?

I do agree with nitrous in general but I think a lot of people aren't even aware of the full options list. I mean unless you've been aroudn these things a while, would you really know that sound pack 3 and docking lights and plug N play are options?

My feeling is that the motor is part of the configuration. It is configured with the LCR. You could call the bigger motor an option, but I wouldn't consider that an omission without it. Similarly, wake or diamond hull would be a configuration even though diamond hull may have been an "option" they had to check on the build sheet. Some options are not generally considered included on fully optioned boats like salt-water setup. Specific to a certain buyer, but not an omission for Joe Q if it isn't there.

True on BMW analogy, I'll revise: 535 owner can't say fully loaded?

I do agree with nitrous in general but I think a lot of people aren't even aware of the full options list. I mean unless you've been aroudn these things a while, would you really know that sound pack 3 and docking lights and plug N play are options?

This is a good point. The fact that these are custom boats, options are constantly changing, to include the supplier of that option. Example, my early built 2012 has zero off speed control without auto pull up where later 2012's have a different brand of speed control that includes auto pull up. Pretty hard to sort all of that out when listing options.

In regards to a car/truck fully loaded to me means EVERYTHING! Sunroof, top of the line stereo, leather, heated seats, sport package, etc. All options.

I usually do not include the engine in this category. For example a fully loaded Ford pickup could have the Diesel, the V8 or the ecoboost V6.

I think this would go for a boat as well.

If someone says fully loaded boat I DEFINITELY expect the following: Perfect Pass, Shower, Heater, top of the line stereo, basically all the options. I do not expect the engine to be the largest though.

Wow, really guys...arguing over this...? Summer really needs to arrive sooner than I thought.

I agree with the OP, after truck shopping its amazing how people make wild claims. I've seen ads that state "fully loaded Chevy truck" but they have cloth bench seats. I personally think its done to get a phone call and try to sell the car, boat, or truck a bit quicker. Someone that doesn't know the ins and outs of the make or model may not know.

And I don't know why you guys got so butt hurt over the motor comment. Its like getting an F250 with a 5.4L instead of the diesel or V10. Sure a lot of people don't need anything more than a 5.4L, and many people desire the 5.4L, but in reality when you resell the diesel or V10 will probably get you more. Same goes with a boat motor. Hell I have an old old boat with an old old motor, I still have fun in it, but by no means will I claim its "fully loaded". And if I were to somehow get a new boat I probably wouldn't get the baddest motor.

And to Murphy, I took personal offense to your comment. I'm sorry I cannot afford to purchase a new boat every year, I try my best to live within my means. I prefer to have cars, trucks, and toys paid in full and cannot afford to do that with a boat right now. Hell I don't even have a Malibu. I do get out on the water weekly and have fun with my almost 20 year old boat.

• Like 3

Wow, really guys...arguing over this...? Summer really needs to arrive sooner than I thought.

I agree with the OP, after truck shopping its amazing how people make wild claims. I've seen ads that state "fully loaded Chevy truck" but they have cloth bench seats. I personally think its done to get a phone call and try to sell the car, boat, or truck a bit quicker. Someone that doesn't know the ins and outs of the make or model may not know.

And I don't know why you guys got so butt hurt over the motor comment. Its like getting an F250 with a 5.4L instead of the diesel or V10. Sure a lot of people don't need anything more than a 5.4L, and many people desire the 5.4L, but in reality when you resell the diesel or V10 will probably get you more. Same goes with a boat motor. Hell I have an old old boat with an old old motor, I still have fun in it, but by no means will I claim its "fully loaded". And if I were to somehow get a new boat I probably wouldn't get the baddest motor.

And to Murphy, I took personal offense to your comment. I'm sorry I cannot afford to purchase a new boat every year, I try my best to live within my means. I prefer to have cars, trucks, and toys paid in full and cannot afford to do that with a boat right now. Hell I don't even have a Malibu. I do get out on the water weekly and have fun with my almost 20 year old boat.

Joe you also dont come on this form every week and tell us how awful the monsoon motor is. So a guy telling me that my motor sucks - I take offense to it.

So if I want to send a shot across the bow for reasons that I think are appropriate - I certainly can.

But I really doubt - it offends NB. He has been giving us crap your years on the Monsoon motor...one little comment isn't going to hurt fellings.

I've also seen adds that say fully loaded except sunroof or leather. Well that just isn't fully loaded then is it.

Just ask an 8 year old how old they are, 9 out of 10 times you'll get "I'm almost 9". Wrong, the correct answer is I am 8 years old.

I think fully loaded is different to everyone. Here in so cal is a heater or heated seat really needed? Kind of like I wouldn't put a cold weather package on my diesel here in ca, even though it is an option. I think fully loaded would for instance include the front ballast tank, but not a shower that sucks up lake water. JMO

Here we go again with the anti-Monsoon bulls***e.

How is this anti-Monsoon? A motor is an option; fully loaded = fully optioned.

Nitrous - you own 2001....quit baggin on people with a boat a decade newer than yours.

My pet peve is that people who can't seem or don't want get into a newer - bag on those who can. Give it up dude.

How am I bagging on anyone? Everything I said applies from new boats down to 20+ year old boats.

POS he thinks it is relative to the LS motors that are available.

POS - no. Insane that they can even offer such an outdated motor on an 80k+ boat - yes.

Joe you also dont come on this form every week and tell us how awful the monsoon motor is. So a guy telling me that my motor sucks - I take offense to it.

Where have I ever stated it was awful? Please, show me a quote. I only stated it is outdated and shouldn't be offered on boats at this price point.

Where have I ever stated it was awful? Please, show me a quote. I only stated it is outdated and shouldn't be offered on boats at this price point.

OH GIVE ME A f****** BREAK. You have stated how antiquated, outdated and outmoded it is several times on these forums. Fact is that that is your way of saying the engine sucks for what it is and how your larger engines are much better in every way blah blah blah.

Everyone else is weighing in on how fully loaded means this or that but you essentially are just using this larger topic to trash the Monsoon and laud appeal on your choice of power plants.

Edited by saidainc
  • Like 3

Here's a few other options that you don't see very often: Under swim platform step, Polished stainless steel ski pylon, Aqua fusion mat, GPS chart plotter, Tower lights, Long bow eye

If it doesn't have everything, then it isnt loaded. It should be listed as well equipped. HOWEVER, many people don't know about all of the options available. they may not be trying to purposefully deceive, just may not know.

Edited by bamabonners
  • Like 2

OH GIVE ME A f****** BREAK. You have stated how antiquated, outdated and outmoded it is several times on these forums. Fact is that that is your way of saying the engine sucks for what it is and how your larger engines are much better in every way blah blah blah.

Everyone else is weighing in on how fully loaded means this or that but you essentially are just using this larger topic to trash the Monsoon and laud appeal on your choice of power plants.

That Loud Ping We just all heard was the hammer hitting the nail SQUARE on the head!!!!!!!