Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The tower is coming off!

CumminsBu

I bought my boat used and never really like the tower that came with it. The tower is a Skylon something, something pro, and will be for sale soon. For the Response it was to tall and sits taller then the G3 on the newer vlx. Have used it for three years to help teach the kidos, now its time for it to go. Found a Skylon pole on Craiglist, that was never used for dirt cheap. This will replace the tower when needed.

So I'm looking for a gel coat repair kit to repair the holes. The color is white and should be easy to fix when the weather gets a little warmer. Never done this before hope this works out.

I've been sooooo close to yanking my tower off as well, it's a PITA (Boss Tower), especially with the lift. But it is too important for storage of the boards when we are out visiting other lakes.

Maybe you should just leave the mounts on the boat and store the tower for resale?

I bought my boat used and never really like the tower that came with it. The tower is a Skylon something, something pro, and will be for sale soon. For the Response it was to tall and sits taller then the G3 on the newer vlx. Have used it for three years to help teach the kidos, now its time for it to go. Found a Skylon pole on Craiglist, that was never used for dirt cheap. This will replace the tower when needed.

So I'm looking for a gel coat repair kit to repair the holes. The color is white and should be easy to fix when the weather gets a little warmer. Never done this before hope this works out.

By any chance is it the Fat Pole from Skylon?? Do you have a barefoot boom and if so I was wondering if you can use the pole while

the boom clamp is still attached to the ski pole? :footing:

By any chance is it the Fat Pole from Skylon?? Do you have a barefoot boom and if so I was wondering if you can use the pole while

the boom clamp is still attached to the ski pole? :footing:

Yep. You can run both at the same time. I did it with a Fat Pole on my Skier. The boom also works fine with most towers as well depending on tower leg location.

http://www.skylonsports.com/wakeboard-towers/xtreme-proxt.html

This was the tower and is for sell.

Do I really need a quart of Spectrum for about 8 hole for the alt legs and a few chips around the boat? How long can the stuff set on the self after open? Going to use nice stainless steal allen head bolts for the front holes if I don't fill them.

A pint would be plenty. I had to buy an entire gallon of color matched gel from Spectrum since my boat is older and they said it would have faded over time. It matches both old Bu's I have had perfectly.