Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm a boat owner again!

tn_rider

I ride on Ky Lake. I'm in Paris, Tennessee. We have a few guys that ride around here. All are my good friends. Besides the 3 wakeboard boats we have we could go a whole summer and MAYBE see 3 other wake boats. I used to go ride in Board Bonanza at the lone branch recreational area on old hickory. I knew of alot of guys that used to ride there but most are married with kids and got out of the sport. Pretty sad to see what used to be an amazing wake scene die out.

Thanks clutch! Best believe I'll be sitting in the shop making engine noises haha. Wakesetter, if your ever up my way give me a shout! I'd be more than happy to take you out for a set. Same goes for any crew member! If your swinging through west Tn stop and get a set!

• Like 1

Well, it's pretty much a done deal! I have a deposit on Octane's blue and white 2007 23LSV in the classifieds! I got into wakeboarding at 12 and BEGGED my parents to get a wakeboard boat. Every time the answer was "save and buy your own". So i saved and saved and at 18 bought an 02 VLX. Loved the boat and kept it for a year. I sold it to upgrade, and now at 21 Im fortunate enough to be able to make a HUGE upgrade to the LSV. Can't say enough about how great Octane has been to work with. He is a real class act and a stand up guy! I make the trip on the 8th to pick her up and couldnt be more excited!!!!! Sorry for the book, I just had to tell someone haha.

Thats awesome, I think I was the first guy trying to buy that boat. I second your coment that octane was great to deal with and a stand up guy. We just couldn't get the deal put together in time with me being so far away, worked out good for you for if I was closer I would have bought that boat straight away. Looks like you got a great boat at a very fair deal. Ended up working out all right for me cause after he told me he had a deposit on boat I found a deal on a 2010 that I couldn't pass up on.

Congrats! There are a few young people on here. I bought my first/current boat at the age of 23. My favorite number is 23, bought a 23 lsv at the age of 23. I found it very fitting! Congrats on the purchase and we would like to see pics!

Congrats on the new purchase. I will probably see you this summer a few times at either Fat Daddys or over near Buchanan. Some of my friends spend alot of time camping in the Buchanan area and we do lunch at FDs and/or hang in the cove. Hoping summer comes a lot faster this year for all of us. I just picked up a new Phase 5 Trident Pro Carbon board I am dying to get on. Bill

I don't get down to fat daddy's much, however we do spend quite a bit of time at eagles nest in buchanan. Idk how familiar you are with that part of the lake but if nighttime boating isn't an issue I'd reccomend taking a trip to breakers marina. It's the second bay past Paris Landing on the other side of the bridge from fat daddy's. Its on the same side of the ricer as paris landing.They usually have great live music on the docks and usually stay open till at least midnight. Great people and atmosphere. It can be pricey and most everyone is dressed fairly nice. It's a very cool marina. I live in cypress bay which is the next major bay past breakers on the same side of the river. This is where we spend 90% of our time. Usually AMAZING water in weekdays. And rideable water in the afternoons on most weekends. There is a good restaurant in the backside of cypress. I live directly across from it. Has amazing fish. However, USE THE RED AND GREED BOUY'S. There is an old roadbed that goes across behind the marina with a tree growing on a small island. The roadbed is maybe a foot deep. It's amazing how many people don't pay attention and destroy hulls on it. It's plenty deep between the bouy's but can get fairly once you go past the first point on the left past the bouy's. I hope to see you down that way this summer!

I know Eagles Nest and Cypress. I have a friend who has a place over in CB, but I doubt you would know him. We aren't exactly in your demographic age wise. :) I hear you about the bouys, "never shoot the pier when you are surfing" or the lake bridge near Hillman Ferry. My buddy learned that lesson the hard way, good thing it was an I/O. If you are trailering her back, be sure to do a crazy indepth inspection of the trailer before head back. The extra time inspecting the trailer saved me big time when I drove my LSV back from Lubbock, TX to TN. I will be sure to shoot you a PM before we head over there this summer. It's always fun to live vicariously through you younger guys! Take care and have a safe trip, Bill.