Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 2013 order is in, need some pics of interiors, anyone

Fman

Im changing up my colors on the 2013 order... I had White and Moonbeam on my 2011, this time I am going with Light Graphite (base vinyl), Moonbeam (main vinyl), and black (cushion panel and bead). Does anyone have a photo of this color combo together? The white seats are a little hard to keep clean, I like the moonbeam, it has a hint of gray in them. I am leaving the floor white, was going to go black or gray but I liked the white pop it gave it. Ispec does not give a real good color perspective.

Trailer is going to be two tone black and white. Not a huge change from my 2011, went from Charcoal and white gelcoat to black and white the a black hull. The 20% window tint should also finish it off. My wife shot down all the blues and reds, so I settled on the black and white theme... pretty timeless and clean looking.

Black_white_final3.jpg

Black_white_final1.jpg

Black_white_final2.jpg

Here is the trailer wheels my 10 year old picked out last night.... he is pumped up! (me too), Trailer is going to be black with white fenders and steps.

Trailer_wheels.jpg

Now we have to wait until April! Its going to be a long couple months....

Edited by Fman

What size are those wheels?

They are going to be 14's, unfortunately, I cant fit the boat in my garage with 18's... I have to admit I like my sons taste, its a pretty nice looking wheel.

How did you get to pick 14" wheels? Boatmate offer those?

Ordered from a trailer wheel supplier, they will ship them to trailer builder. My dealer does not use boatmate. Its $2500 more for a boatmate because of shipping and what they charge. My trailer will be made by sportboat, its the same trailer my 2011 had. Been very pleased with sportboat, no issues at all with my 2011.

Travis,

Congrats on the orderneed a pull before your new ride arrives let me know if you can handle old skool style..lol

Justin, thanks! Dang surfgate... my 2011 was supposed to be my last new boat!! What the heck, you can't take it with you! Work hard, play hard :) !!

• Like 1

Justin, thanks! Dang surfgate... my 2011 was supposed to be my last new boat!! What the heck, you can't take it with you! Work hard, play hard :) !!

Ya, the new toys makes it hard to say no... I think SG is responsible for driving sales of MY '13 boats.

Never had an issue w/ my old sportboat trailer..they are made down the street in Patterson, though I prefer my Extreme.

That's because boatmate is made in TN, easy for us! Lol

No joke, that would be nice to be right next door... I just could not justify the extra cost for a comparable trailer.

Ya to me, a trailer is a trailer haha we couldn't justify either since we use it once a year tops.

Yeah, Surfgate is the bomb. i have a 2011 LSV 23 and am considering a new 2013 to get SG.

Fman, can you tell me what to expect the cost differential to be? It seems the 2011's are holding their value rather well. i've seen similar boats on BoatTrader for what we paid 2 yrs ago. i'm curious ofthe base price for the 2013's. Surfgates will add $2000, but i can offset that by not getting the camera option ($1500). Didn't use it that much.

The 2011's are all over the board on pricing... I placed my boat up for sale in the middle of the high and low I could find on Boat Trader. I think surfgate could be driving prices down a little on 2011's and 12's, especially on the 2012 models. I ended up coming down $2900 dollars off my asking price. For an extra $5k-$7k you can get a new 2013 with surfgate compared to a new/used 2012.... I think for you, sitting down with your dealer is your best bet and see what they can work out with you. Talking prices on a forum for me is always tough, because each dealer will price there boats differently according to location, time of year, etc...

I took the plunge for SurfGate, Im trying to stay off the wakeboard more and I demo'd surfgate and its pretty cool. Not a gimmik, it really does produce a nice wake, allows people to sit anywhere in the boat, you can switch goofy/regular riders instantly. I am looking forward to not jamming people in on one side of the boat... also driving level on plain is really nice. They did a great job with the gates automatically deploying an retracting depending on speed integrating into the MTC. The boat also drives well when the gates are deployed, did not notice any crabwalking at all when using surfgate.

Very helpful. I didn't intend to ask about final price, but as i re-read my post, it kinda sounds that way. You answered my question as i intended it...$5k-$7k to get me into a 2013. i put the call into my dealer a yesterday so hoping to get the exact numbers soon. Thanks for the help.

BTW, love the B&W color scheme on your new bu.