Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

the long search is over

wheelman

Finally found my new boat. Was originaly looking for 06/07 wakesetter 23lsv but along came a deal on a 2010 23lsv that I just couldn't pass up. Man I can't wait to get it up to the lake. Not sure what i'm gonna do with my spare time now that i'm not looking for a boat 24/7. Guess I can start looking for mods now :biggrin: Anyone got any suggestions on surf ballast? My Plan is to plumb 1100lb sacs into each locker and I have a 750lb for seat along side and 400lb for bow surf side plus quad factory ballast. I previously had a 06 23 foot enzo and would like to have as good a wave if possible? wedge suggestions? buddy has a vlx and weights it similiar to this and finds wave better without wedge. Also stereo upgrade, I have sound pack 3 rockford fostgate, thinking of leaving 8 in boat speakers but changing amp and pulling out factory 6x9's in tower and replacing with Wetsounds 6x9's and new amp or will new amp do the job? for subs add 2 tens or twelves in spotters seat locker with new amp.

Thanks for any help guys

Finally found my new boat. Was originaly looking for 06/07 wakesetter 23lsv but along came a deal on a 2010 23lsv that I just couldn't pass up. Man I can't wait to get it up to the lake. Not sure what i'm gonna do with my spare time now that i'm not looking for a boat 24/7. Guess I can start looking for mods now :biggrin: Anyone got any suggestions on surf ballast? My Plan is to plumb 1100lb sacs into each locker and I have a 750lb for seat along side and 400lb for bow surf side plus quad factory ballast. I previously had a 06 23 foot enzo and would like to have as good a wave if possible? wedge suggestions? buddy has a vlx and weights it similiar to this and finds wave better without wedge. Also stereo upgrade, I have sound pack 3 rockford fostgate, thinking of leaving 8 in boat speakers but changing amp and pulling out factory 6x9's in tower and replacing with Wetsounds 6x9's and new amp or will new amp do the job? for subs add 2 tens or twelves in spotters seat locker with new amp.

Thanks for any help guys

If I were you, I would get the custom LSV sack. Fills the locker, and all the space under the side seat right up to the observer seat.

http://bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1813

I plumbed in 2 jabscos to mine. Works really well.

I usually keep my boat in osoyoos through the summer. When down here I ride in the Deas slough.

Me too, I finally got a seasonal spot at nk mip this year, a bunch of my friends have spots there so I've been hanging around that area for years now. I've also got a friend with a cabin at the north end and another friend with a cabin on the US side. Where abouts do you stay? Before I moved to Langley I lived in Ladner so I used to hit up the slough several days a week, back then I had a bright green Tige with a white tower. Now my mid week riding is usually done at Pitt Lake

I usually keep my boat in osoyoos through the summer. When down here I ride in the Deas slough.

Congratulations on the Malibu.

When I lived in Walnut Grove, Ft Langley we would hit the Pit first thing weekend Mornings for a good run of bare footing. Im now in South Surrey and was planning to check out the Deas Slough for those quick short hour runs, when you dont have a full day. Have never been there, is there any particular location in the Slough that is better than the other. Kind of was thinking the area east of the tunnel where the rowing club is?

I have a condo at casa Del Lago , boat sits on lift right out front, a couple spots south of nk mip. I sold my black and white Enzo last year to a guy who has a full time in nk mip. I've been riding the slough since I was a Kid. We had Deas nutz wakeboard club back their years ago. You got a big crew for riding in osoyoos? most of mine is down here so always looking for riders up there.

The slough is no good, terrible rough water :unsure: . Ok i am lying, best glass water you will find, we just dont like it to get out. East side is the actuall deas slough where we have to share it with the rowers. You can find the times online when you can be in there with no rowers. If you are the only boat in there or maybe one other one that knows how to be considerate you will have absoulte glass water and there is a course in there also. If you head west you can head into the channels and find glass water anytime of the day and always find a spot where you are the only boat. These channels are tidal and are too low at some tides so you gotta know what and where youre going. If you ever want a show around in the summer let me know, if I,m not in osoyoos im there. Just don't tell too many people.

• Like 1