Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Woo Hoo! I'm back!

Clutch-n-Throttle

Greetings Crew.

I am back. I bought my first Malibu in 2008. It was a 2001 Sunsetter LXi. We loved that boat. I had it for 3 years. I regret selling that boat. I really missed the family times on the lake.

DSC_0515_zps20ee0a41.jpg

I just picked this up. It's a 2007 Wakesetter VTX. It's a little high on hours, 860, but my friend ,who is the service manager at my local Malibu shop, had vouched for it. He has done all the services and work on the boat since it was new. The boat is used but well maintained. The previous owner replaced the Illusion tower and put a new G3 tower and speakers. I think I did alright.

IMG_1090_zps2b1db30b.jpg

Man. Can't wait till it warms up and hit the lake. Planning on doing some trips I did not get a chance to do. There are a couple of lake in Nor Cal I want to hit and there is the almighty Lake Powell.

Watch out! Here I come!

• Like 4

What lake do you boat at living in Temecula? I used to stationed at Camp Pendleton when I was in the Corps but do not remember any lakes nearby.

Hey Tim

There is Lake Elsinore, about 15 mins north.

There is Lake Perris, 25 mins north on I-215.

There's Silverwood Lake, about an hour north on I-15.

There are a couple lakes down in San Diego.

Thinking about taking it to Mission Bay in San Diego but its salt water. Not sure if I wanna do that.

Congrats, nice looking boat. Was the boat through paradise? We do Elsinore Sunday mornings when it's warm

Yep.

Us too. Maybe we'll hook up and have a mini 'Bu Crew event

Hey Tim

There is Lake Elsinore, about 15 mins north.

There is Lake Perris, 25 mins north on I-215.

There's Silverwood Lake, about an hour north on I-15.

There are a couple lakes down in San Diego.

Thinking about taking it to Mission Bay in San Diego but its salt water. Not sure if I wanna do that.

Forgot about Elsinore. How is that lake?

Glad you are back, that is an awesome boat and will be lots of fun. Now the really question is how can we spend your money?

No Doubt!! This site should come with a disclaimer...but it is an awesome site...

Glad you are back, that is an awesome boat and will be lots of fun. Now the really question is how can we spend your money?

LOL. I think I can take care of that myself. I have mad ideas planned for the boat.

Forgot about Elsinore. How is that lake?

It's a pretty good lake. It had a bad rep for awhile being a land locked lake. The city made a big effort to clean up the lake. They Installed some aerators a few years ago and it has made a great improvement. You still don't want to go swimming for a long time. The occasional dip and wipe out on the lake is fine.

Nice new ride... Kinda hard to see that beautiful LXI move on....reminds me of a similar situation. Come up north to some real lakes.... :tease2:

I want to go to Oroville and Berryessa. Maybe try the Delta.

Well this sums it up..

http://youtu.be/xZzEzDkeHzI

Now that's funny right there. I'm old enough to remember that show.

"Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

Edited by Clutch-n-Throttle

Nice new ride... Kinda hard to see that beautiful LXI move on....reminds me of a similar situation. Come up north to some real lakes.... :tease2:

Well that LXI found a good home and is better than ever.

post-14803-0-54930100-1359479195_thumb.j

• Like 2

I want to go to Oroville and Berryessa. Maybe try the Delta.

Now that's funny right there. I'm old enough to remember that show.

"Up your nose with a rubber hose!"

Well there are those that love the delta...me no so much when you think of it as norcal's toilet bowl. Berryessa nothing exciting...skip those and hit Oroville, Bullards Bar and of course Shasta.

Glad to see she has a good home! Same colors as my ol LXI but with a different tower. Where is that lake?

Bass Lake. We've rented a house there the last couple of summers. The water's not great unless you start right at 8:00AM when they open but the overall experience living on the waterfront for a week is awesome for a family vacation.

Bass Lake. We've rented a house there the last couple of summers. The water's not great unless you start right at 8:00AM when they open but the overall experience living on the waterfront for a week is awesome for a family vacation.

Ah, thought it looked familiar....

Hey Jay!!

Oh Man! That brings a lot of memories. I'm happy that you are enjoying the boat. I heard that you may have redone the interior.

"is better than ever".... I hope so after giving you that screaming deal. :biggrin::thumbup: You should have had a lot of money left over.

I have to contact you about Bass Lake. My friend goes there and he also likes it.

How do those xm9s sound?

Sorry for the hijack

Hey Jay!!

Oh Man! That brings a lot of memories. I'm happy that you are enjoying the boat. I heard that you may have redone the interior.

"is better than ever".... I hope so after giving you that screaming deal. :biggrin::thumbup: You should have had a lot of money left over.

I have to contact you about Bass Lake. My friend goes there and he also likes it.

We are having a great time with it and it is treating us well. Yes, I have made it about half way through reupholstering the interior. Have done all the work myself. That, the new stereo and all the other toys have long since surpassed any $$$ left on the table. :biggrin: I'll post some interior photos one of these days. Ask all you want about Bass lake. We have gone the past two years and have had a good time.