Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Addicted to searching for boats

BillM22

I am addicted to looking at boats for sale. I have always enjoyed looking at boats. But in the past month since I decided to get a new/used boat I can’t stop searching for boats online.

I think I need some kind of 12 step program.

I will most likely never sell my boat, but always look at boats on the trader, inboards only, and Craigslist. Start with Malibu, then other ski boats, pontoons and then diesel powered. There is no cure for this one.

I am addicted to looking at boats for sale. I have always enjoyed looking at boats. But in the past month since I decided to get a new/used boat I cant stop searching for boats online.

I think I need some kind of 12 step program.

Warning: This site will cost you a lot of money :).... what year and model boat are you looking for? My friend is selling an 06 Tige 22ve , 50 hrs on new motor, brand new interior in entire boat... its a really nice ride. He is in nor cal, pm me if you want more info. I think he wanted low $30s for it.

We made the decision to buy in March the year we bought. Ended up buying one the day after Thanksgiving after all but giving up. I took a week off from searching with some serious withdrawal and did one last ditch effort search before the snow fell and the right boat popped up 20 miles away. If I wouldn't have had the months of experience dealing with scams, poorly worded ads, no pictures, and such I would have missed it. Think of it as much educating yourself as searching.

Like WakingMeHappy said, once we bought it the addiction for boat searches stopped. But then it was towers, covers, trailer tires and wheels, anchors, and much, much more.

In about a month or so the boats will start popping up all over in the warm weather states as they come out of storage. Best of luck and keep that patience.

• Like 2

Warning: This site will cost you a lot of money :).... what year and model boat are you looking for? My friend is selling an 06 Tige 22ve , 50 hrs on new motor, brand new interior in entire boat... its a really nice ride. He is in nor cal, pm me if you want more info. I think he wanted low $30s for it.

I can’t tell you what year & model I am looking for…someone on the crew will find “IT” and I’m not ready to buy. That would be the ultimate torture!

Ok, I give in. I’m looking for a 98 - 99 Response LX – LXi slalom boat (no tower). I don’t think a tower would fit under my carport. We don’t do any wakeboarding anyway so I don't need a tower.

In search of the ultimate deal.

Yes, you could not have summed it up any better.

The ultimate deal:

The right make, the model, the year, open bow, the color, direct drive, the engine model, fuel injected, V8, low hours, garage kept, seats in mint condition, heater, shower, lots of storage, built in cooler, factory cover, stereo, speakers, amp, sub woofer, PERFECT PASS, adjustable driver seat with lumbar support, heated seats, lockable glove box, lockable ski locker, swim platform that swings down, rack & pinion steering, swivel ski pylon, cup holders, side storage nets, walk through windshield, pop-up cleats, four blade prop, SST prop, LED lights in boat, SST grab handles, fire extinguisher, flares, first aid kit, maintained to a Tee, serviced by local dealer shop, all maintenance records, new pump impellor, full tank of fresh gas, located less than 1 hour from your home, includes a couple of new ski buddies with gas money and lifetime membership to local privet club, $2k under blue book!

Trailer: matching paint job, tandem axel, aluminum rims, new tires, surge brakes, swing away tongue, LED lights, tie down straps

That must be what keeps me interested in continuing to look. It’s not just looking at boats. It’s the challenge of finding that deal out there.

Dude, I can totally relate. I've been looking for a 01-02 Wakesetter VLX for a year. I've found a few but the stars just haven't lined up.

Good luck, even once your buy your boat you'll probably keep looking :crazy:

I bought mine. I still check Boats for Sale on here, craigslist, boattrader, and onlyinboards daily for the new listings. Not because I want a new boat; I love my 01 Wakesetter VLX, but because I love ski boats. It is my favorite art to view. Some go to art museums for culture...I visit this site and boat trading sites for my culture. ;)

• Like 2

I get absolutely addicted searching for my next big purchase.

I've found this site quite useful for doing more generalized craigslist searches. Especially for more expensive toys where you are willing to travel further.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

When I upgrade my next boat it will be an 03 to 06 Response LXI...I've already made too many purchases in 2013 to justify another.

The search is all the fun for me. The test drive is cool too. Not only do I search for boats, but bikes, waterfront houses, shops, RVs, toyhaulers & tons of other things too.

Most recently.... shotguns. The search is a lot of the fun. Wish I could test drive a few of these bad boys.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

EVERYONE ACTS LIKE BEING ADDICTED TO LOOKING FOR OR AT BOATS IS A PROBLEM.....

That is your/their 1st problem...THINKING that it IS a Problem.....

It IS NOT A PROBLEM.....

It is simply a LIFESTYLE....

So get off of the couch and Save your Therapist $$$ for something worthwhile....like spending that $$$ on BOATS....

If you feel relieved now, you can send me $5 for your psychiatric evaluation.... :yahoo:

EVERYONE ACTS LIKE BEING ADDICTED TO LOOKING FOR OR AT BOATS IS A PROBLEM.....

That is your/their 1st problem...THINKING that it IS a Problem.....

It IS NOT A PROBLEM.....

It is simply a LIFESTYLE....

So get off of the couch and Save your Therapist $$$ for something worthwhile....like spending that $$$ on BOATS....

If you feel relieved now, you can send me $5 for your psychiatric evaluation.... :yahoo:

Sarcasm or a dry sense of humor don’t translate in forums and email too well.

I don’t really think searching for new boats is a problem. It’s a joke…maybe not a good one but just a joke.