Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fresh Air Exhaust

D-GOOSE

Ok, for clarification... im ordering my 13 with the standard rubber flaps, no stainless turn downs. Would the stainless turndowns from Malibu be quieter than the rubber flappers? I could care less how they look but if the turndowns are quieter I might look into ordering them.

http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-12631-3-12quot-cyclone-quothpquot-series-inline-silencer-polished.aspx

I bought the above for the heck of it, an experiment I told the Admiral. Typical me.

Anyway, the install is fast approaching, can any FAE bubbas tell me if I can use both?

If so, I'm in!

With an FAE I don't think you'd need (or be able to hear the difference with) that silencer.

I'm looking at setting up a Group Buy for FAE systems and wanted to see how many people would still be interested.

If you have this system please let us know on the pro's and con's.

post-235-0-20109500-1359478620_thumb.jpg

post-235-0-79295200-1359478647_thumb.jpg

post-235-0-16906600-1359478656_thumb.jpg

post-235-0-51563400-1359478690_thumb.jpg

I have an FAE on my 2007 VLX w/Hammerhead (no Cats). For me, it made a HUGE difference in exhaust smell and noise. Larry is also extremely great to work with.

I agree with what Shawndoggy said about changing out the clamps (see post #3 http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37527-fresh-air-exhuast-system/). I also suggest increasing the diameter of the allthread.

Regarding spray, there is definitely a rooster tail. but i noticed that if I ensure that the FAE is pointed directly down (as opposed to slightly raked towards the wake), it lessens significantly.

I run factory + wedge + ~4 people + ~2,500 (goofy side) and did not notice any performance issues, but i did have to change out my prop (independently of the FAE install).

The only modifications that i had to make to my FAE/boat were to remove the STE's that were on there. the problem there was that the STE's used 4 screws and the FAE used 3 screws. so i had to do some drilling.

all in all, i would definitely get another one for my next boat.

I'm looking at setting up a Group Buy for FAE systems and wanted to see how many people would still be interested.

hey goose! thx for finding those pics of the fae with the manual wedge! I dont see a support bracket for the fae with the manual wedge version compared to the others. am i not seeing it or what?

I'm noticing in these pictures that it appears the swim platform has been raised. I know my platform doesn't have those spacer blocks between the platform and the bracket. It is also hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the wedge isn't fully stowed when up...but that could just be the angle of the picture.

Check out this link. There is a large reduction in wakesurfers CO exposure. http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/surveyreports/pdfs/ectb-171-35a.pdf

That report has a lot of good information for even people who are not looking for a FAE.

I'm noticing in these pictures that it appears the swim platform has been raised. I know my platform doesn't have those spacer blocks between the platform and the bracket. It is also hard to tell from the picture but it looks like the wedge isn't fully stowed when up...but that could just be the angle of the picture.

Not sure, you would have to call Larry at FAE.

I have the FAE exhaust on my Vride and it is pretty sweet. Soooo quiet, everyone comments on it. The hardest part for me was getting the wake re-adjusted with the manual wedge taken off. However, with a little extra weight, it was bigger than before!!

Just had a baby wife would put my clothes in the yard. She will be mad as it is when she sees what I just spent to go snowboarding in March. I should be down in the spring.

In regards to using a manual wedge with the FAE installed, the wedge is fully functional. The trap door may not work but most customers are able to adjust the FAE out of the way of the trap door. That is very good news because I pull tubes a lot and would be afraid of the stress on the boat with the wedge down.

They reccommend buying the platform quick release brackets. Here is their info: "The Platform Quick Release allows you to readily remove your swim platform. The PQR has 2 quick release pins to quickly disconnect the swim platform from the FAE. If you remove your swim platform frequently you definitely need the PQR. Even if you only remove your swim platform once a year you would benefit from the PQR because the long all-thread bolt used to mount the FAE to the swim platform can be difficult (impossible) to remove once installed. A PQR for your boat is $40."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would be interested in the group buy if it is still available.

Emailed.

I just thought I would give everyone an update. I have ordered a couple FAE systems so far. They can take up to 3-4 weeks because most of the exhausts are made as each order comes in. So, keep this in mind to get one before the busy time in the Spring.

I will take pictures of mine when it arrives in a couple weeks.