Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

replacement wire rope for tower

I have a 07 VLX and after each outing I need to lower the tower due to storage size constraints. Last night I was lowering the tower and noticed one side of the tower had a snapped wire rope (the part of the tower assist connected by a collet to the tower & spring)

Does anyone know where I could purchase a replacement part?

Id prefer to get a factory solution (if possible) before going down the route of trying to source a steel shop to try and manufacture such a small part

Your dealer should be able to help. If you don't have a dealer, call up Paul at Bakes. Just a side note that those assists don't really help much. They aren't like the new gas assists now. You could just ignore it if you wanted.

Thanks for the help guys, As im in Aus, the dealer network is little help on the fiddly items. I looked on bakes website and couldnt see anything. Ill have another look.

In regards to them not being much help, its something i have definately noticed, i am going to experiment with spring length to see if it helps a little more