Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VOTE! On boat names for my new wakesetter.

Jmhtaylor

What ever helps you enjoy the boat is fine. If you want a name put on it you should go,for it. As you can see from the pictures posted here a sticker can look great.

As for the original names if you are from the Jersey Shore and your name is Polly D or Snookie those names would be awesome on our boat.

I just bought a 2012 malibu wakesetter vlx in blue black and white. The top two name choices to choose from are "Wet Pleasure" or "Wet Dreams"????? Please everyone choose

:rofl::Doh::help::yuk::vomit::guns::bash::horse::loser::lame: That about sums it up.

Proper yachts put their name on their tender with a "TT" preface (tender to). So, when they're in port and people see a fancy tender named "TT Sh*ts and Giggles". Then they know that tender belongs to the 115' megayacht named "Sh*ts and Giggles" sitting at anchor. It's a great way to let the local thieves know when your yacht is unattended. But, I digress. Find the biggest, coolest boat in your local waters. Then name your boat "TT whatever the name of that boat is". Then everyone will think you've got 2 badass boats. For example click this link:

anastasia-yacht-2184.jpg

30506d1243380702-review-oceanco-248-superyacht-anastasia-4-anastasia-top-jpg

Right bow sits a vessel familiar to us all.

Still my favorite

http://www.google.ca/search?q=change+order+boat+picture&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|_CyzPzD3t2DJhM:

I like stinky cheese...........

I vote for no name.

The only thing I think is cheesier than a towboat with a name on it, is a towboat with "Official Towboat of ________" on it.

Just not my style.

Just my 2 cents.

The exception is always the old wooden classics (Century, Chris Craft, etc.); They need a name prominently displayed in gold leaf across the transom...

I would definitely have, "Morning Wood". :rofl:

Edited by DWhynot

I always name my boats and always will. No cheesy decals, only paint or gold/silver leaf. My first boat was "Couch Boatato" my Malibu is called "Suck my Dock" but I don't have that name on the transom. If I put a name on the transom I think it will be "Hot Tuna". I think if you want to name your boat, name it, but not a name like wet dream. You have to think about it and make it original.

Like my buddies name is Earl, so his boats called "Earls gone wild".

Or how bout a guy who has OCD, and he's got a searay, he would call it "OSeaDRay"

Edited by Vettesetter Z06

nothing cheesy about my decal...it rocks...I just like cheese...stinky cheese......

think we ride in the same pond (we just come at it from different ends) see you out there this year!!!!!!!!

I always name my boats and always will. No cheesy decals, only paint or gold/silver leaf. My first boat was "Couch Boatato" my Malibu is called "Suck my Dock" but I don't have that name on the transom. If I put a name on the transom I think it will be "Hot Tuna". I think if you want to name your boat, name it, but not a name like wet dream. You have to think about it and make it original.
Like my buddies name is Earl, so his boats called "Earls gone wild".
Or how bout a guy who has OCD, and he's got a searay, he would call it "OSeaDRay"

I vote for no name.

The only thing I think is CHEESIER than a towboat with a name on it, is a towboat with "Official Towboat of ________" on it.

Just not my style.

Just my 2 cents.

I like stinky cheese...........

Well since it's blue and all this talk about cheese... How about Bleu Cheese? Blu Cheese? Bu Cheese?

nothing cheesy about my decal...it rocks...I just like cheese...stinky cheese......

think we ride in the same pond (we just come at it from different ends) see you out there this year!!!!!!!!

Your right. Decals look awesome when done properly. I do however prefer paint or leaf if possible. I usually ride the pitt.

Bu Cheese....I like that.......

Well since it's blue and all this talk about cheese... How about Bleu Cheese? Blu Cheese? Bu Cheese?

because I am in deep cove and a block off Cates park boat launch I have never been in Pitt, to close to the inlet.......hear Pitt lake is fantastic.....maybe I will get out there this year...if I do hope to see you...as I have an awesome decal........

Your right. Decals look awesome when done properly. I do however prefer paint or leaf if possible. I usually ride the pitt.

• 3 months later...

Thinkin about having new decals made on mine. I just ran across this site. http://domedlettering.com/

$165 shipped for 3 decals...... one is 3" x 11". The other two are 5" x 19". Chrome letters with a black border, all domed.

Something like this:

AJ_zpsc6f29552.jpg

Will be an improvement on what I already have on there (flat chrome). Only question is whether or not I want to bite off another $165 worth.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Thinkin about having new decals made on mine. I just ran across this site. http://domedlettering.com/

$165 shipped for 3 decals...... one is 3" x 11". The other two are 5" x 19". Chrome letters with a black border, all domed.

Something like this:

AJ_zpsc6f29552.jpg

Will be an improvement on what I already have on there (flat chrome). Only question is whether or not I want to bite off another $165 worth.

The colours may be nicer but personally I really like the font you seem to have used on all the previous "Air Junky" stuff.

Thanks Nick. Thats actually the Matisse font.... fairly easy to find in a PC with Windows & Office on it. But not so easy to find when lookin at domed lettering. I like it too.... maybe I'll look around for a shop who can do it this way.

Thanks Nick. Thats actually the Matisse font.... fairly easy to find in a PC with Windows & Office on it. But not so easy to find when lookin at domed lettering. I like it too.... maybe I'll look around for a shop who can do it this way.

Have you asked domedblettering if they would do it? If it's that standard of a font than i can't see it being a problem.

Have you asked domedblettering if they would do it? If it's that standard of a font than i can't see it being a problem.

Trying that angle now. They didn't answer their phone. Hopefully they will answer their email.

I have ordered my names for my 2 boats from dome lettering. They were great.

I ordered 3 per name ... One for each side of the trailer and 1 for the back of the boat.

I was able to pick from any of his fonts and colours.

As my boats are yellow/white and yellow/black/white ... I ended up going with Malibu text, chrome outline, yellow fill that matches the boats.

I did a play on a theme. All my cars and trucks have personalized plates with diseases ... Variations on Black Plague, bubonic plague, cholera. The '01 was always nicknamed fever but not branded as such. As I now have the two ... The '13 will get "Fever" and the '01 "Feverish" to be affectionately known as "ish" ...

Unlike larger boats etc, I have not, not will not put my city or port on my boat (eg under the name)

I figure naming the boat tastefully is no different than having personalized plates. Some may not agree with me using personal vehicle plates, but then again, I am sure there are logs of people that would also argue that owning a ski boat is an unnecessary luxury item and that the funds should be used elsewhere. I am sure most of u can guess where I stand on that!

For those people I say I work hard (70-80 hours per week) but I play harder! And i give time a d some $$ to charities.

I like my toys and I like them to look good and have a certain personal flair to them. So I say name away ..

They came back to me & WILL do the logo in my own font! Upcharge is only like $10. Need to get some measurements on the boat this evening & place my order.

Thanks for the feedback Holden. Probably just pushed me over the edge. :thumbup: