Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VOTE! On boat names for my new wakesetter.

Jmhtaylor

That is an awesome movie, Love the Great Outdoors. Roman is Killer!!!!!

The waterskiing scene was actually filmed in WI as was much of the other stuff (like the bar scenes).

And yes, Roman rules. So many of those types up in northern WI on the weekends. Played that Chicago jag perfectly! :)

Please dont think we are jumping all over you, think of it like this.....

We are your wing men. We are at the club and your completely trashed. You take a liking to the biggest heffer in the place and decide your taking her home because its late and all the pretty girls have gone home. We intervene and drag you out of the bar (at this time your kicking and screaming). The whole ride home your yelling and very angry, but..... the next morning you call all your buds and have a good laugh and thank them because you could have been in bed with one of the "pig guards" from star wars.

Your welcome in advance

After that, you can be my wingman anytime!

I say you can give an unofficial as my buddy's have with our three boats

Attention - that's what we get when we ride

D tension- my buddies centurion always has problems

No tension - always a good time

We would never actually sticker it the hills though

I certainly feel that boats take on a certain level of personality and giving them a name is sign of respect and care. My boat is tastefully named "Bumblebu" though it isnt decaled. Hopefully you will find a name for your boat that is endearing and respectful to the luxury you can afford.

We called our first Malibu "Molly" but the name was not on the boat. Never called the preceding three anything besides boat. :dontknow:

Whether or not you want to name your boat is certainly your decision but I would say both of the names you have thrown out are unoriginal and probably seen on every lake across the country.

My sis calls ours Molly (Molly Bu, like an African would say it), but it'll never be painted or stickered as such.

I've always been partial to this. Forward to 1:10.

The water shots were filmed on Bass Lake here in Cali. about and an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. I have some friends that live on the lake. We spend a lot of time up there after Labor Day weekend. The Pines Marina in the background is a real place.

In my experience, good boat names develop themselves. Our Bryant went for years without a name and finally Margaret was slowly adopted, a bit against my will. (Remember the old ladies in the car trying to get on the highway, the one lady says, "Punch it Margaret!!" That's what my son started saying when he wanted to go fast. Margaret stuck....)

And no, never put the name on the boat. But as stated earlier, boats with names feel like they have more personality. Can't wait for the name for the Malibu to develop.

I say name it, but put the name inside the boat, on one of the cushions or on the side panels. A little custom embroidery would look sweet.

However, those two names are no good. Keep using the boat and one day the name will come together.

Name your boat if you want to name your boat. No rule says you can't. How many of you guys have named a car at one point. The name on my boat is the same as my user name on this site. I do agree to stay away from sexy names that have the word "wet". That's just tacky and one day (like when you have kids) you'll want to change it. Google "boat names" and you'll find more choices than you can imagine.

I believe naming a boat and plastering the name accross its transom my hinder your ability to sell the boat when that time comes. When shopping for a used boat, I typically skip right past the ones with names on them, especially the tacky names like "wet dreams", etc.

I'm going to go against the grain and say name your boat, I have named most of mine.

I'm going to go with the grain and say do NOT pick the names you listed here. They already have been copyrighted by this guy: forgive me if he is a friend of yours and has already given permission.

post-13782-0-32824700-1359077975_thumb.j

Proper yachts put their name on their tender with a "TT" preface (tender to). So, when they're in port and people see a fancy tender named "TT Sh*ts and Giggles". Then they know that tender belongs to the 115' megayacht named "Sh*ts and Giggles" sitting at anchor. It's a great way to let the local thieves know when your yacht is unattended. But, I digress. Find the biggest, coolest boat in your local waters. Then name your boat "TT whatever the name of that boat is". Then everyone will think you've got 2 badass boats. For example click this link:

anastasia-yacht-2184.jpg

30506d1243380702-review-oceanco-248-superyacht-anastasia-4-anastasia-top-jpg

Right bow sits a vessel familiar to us all.

Edited by mattm

Name your boat if you want to name your boat. No rule says you can't. How many of you guys have named a car at one point. The name on my boat is the same as my user name on this site. I do agree to stay away from sexy names that have the word "wet". That's just tacky and one day (like when you have kids) you'll want to change it. Google "boat names" and you'll find more choices than you can imagine.

I do agree that naming your boat isn't bad, just don't plaster the name on your boat for all to view. Kinda like naming a car. You give her a name, but how many cars do you see with the name plastered on the trunk or hood? Well maybe the guy in the red shirt in the post above, but that's it.

I agree with the whole naming your boat but no tramp stamps group here. I also agree with not forcing a name onto the boat, but giving it time, and the name will come to you making it more memorable. Ours never had a name for a year or two. My friends referred it to others as the "jack mormons Malibu" in conversations. In time the name just clicked, MORMONBU

It is OK to let the boat get a name but not to give her a name. I agree I wouldn't put the name on the side of her. Nice boat bye the way. As has been said we are just helping a friend.

Wow......I had this really really cool decal done for the back of my boat......... "boardbrained" cool graphics etc etc..........

this is the boats name and what my wife thinks I suffer from..... never really gave this much thought.....re being 21 ft and should not put her name on.

Guess because I am on the ocean 90% of the time I will use this as my excuse.....

I think it looks really cool....and I am old...er........

if I could figure out how to upload a pic I would but I am struggling with it at this time.

anyway please don't make fun of me.......

Do what you want to do, it is your boat. I have always named my boats and will continue to name my boats. My Response is named:

Pic001.jpg

And my VLX is:

IMG_0686.jpg

• Like 1

ok think I figured out how to attach a photo.......

anyway let the flaming begin i think a name is cool.....even if you are in your late 40's...... :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

post-12062-0-98712300-1359168132_thumb.j

• Like 2

I agree, that looks pretty good.

These boat name threads are always entertaining. Some people are really creative. A couple of years ago someone posted the name "Ship Faced" in one of the forums, still laughing every time I think about it.

Edited by Dexter

Can't come up with a better name than wakesetter... I am waiting for my kids to name it.. so far we are at sparkles and optimus prime... I like the idea of the boat name having meaning to the family... even if I put a 3" long sticker on it.. don't need to show it off but it is there.

Our I/O was called iMACKulate.. thought it was cool in our 20s... now not so much.