Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VOTE! On boat names for my new wakesetter.

Jmhtaylor

I just bought a 2012 malibu wakesetter vlx in blue black and white. The top two name choices to choose from are "Wet Pleasure" or "Wet Dreams"????? Please everyone choose

I thought inboards were nameless??????

If you were to name it, IMHO, references like those would be rather tasteless. Anybody over 30 would look at that and shake their head. If you are under 30 you'll think back about that someday and be embarrassed for yourself for doing it. You have a beautiful boat that most couldn't afford, treat it like the classy boat that it is.

If you must name it,,,, put some more intellect into it.

Please dont think we are jumping all over you, think of it like this.....

We are your wing men. We are at the club and your completely trashed. You take a liking to the biggest heffer in the place and decide your taking her home because its late and all the pretty girls have gone home. We intervene and drag you out of the bar (at this time your kicking and screaming). The whole ride home your yelling and very angry, but..... the next morning you call all your buds and have a good laugh and thank them because you could have been in bed with one of the "pig guards" from star wars.

Your welcome in advance

Good Lord - Please dont use either name that you suggested. No reason to trash up a 65k boat with a corny name like Wet Pleasure or Wet Dreams.

Maybe you can just make up a name in your head, but I'd be very hesistant to put a sticker with the name on a 21 foot boat.

• Like 2

It's a beautiful boat! You're going to love it!

But I'm going to agree with the masses, please don't name her, that was the first thing that a good buddy of mine told me when I bought mine, and I haven't heard of one person that has done it around here.

NOW, if people start calling your boat something, that's fine! My boat has a lot of orange on it, and people have started calling it Orange Crush, Orangecicle, The Tangerine, etc. It's not the official name, but it has a nickname :biggrin:

I agree with Rmack and Murphy, Wet Pleasure or Wet Dream is the hog at the bar who you think has a cute face and big jugs. We'll save you the embarrassment at the launch or the marina. I would think about, even if your lake doesn't, having to call into the marina or fuel dock, on a VHF radio, and say this is ______ I'm coming into the dock, or this is ______ I need help. And if you think a VHF radio, handheld, is only for big boats or the ocean. Cell Phones don't always work, and The 5-0 that will pull you over for wakesurfing with a guy sitting on the sunpad, is on it, so you should too.

I failed to mention with my two boats, that on the Nautique i had the plastic "Nautique" decal removed on the transom and had a guy free hand paint "Susie Q" in the same font as the Nautique he took off. Kept it classy. As Murphy said don't put a sticker letters decal you bought from Bass Pro Shop or numbers designed a cheap mailbox on your boat. Especially on a 65k boat. I'm not putting "Black Betty" anywhere on the back of my boat, as frankly it will look out of place on any Malibu. It will just carry a name. Go to the bar this weekend, get drunk, and a name will come to you.... Good Luck...

I'll chime in again. My boat has a "name" also. It's not on it though. Only sometimes does it come up, but just like the "Orangcicle boat" some joke mine is "Malibu Barbie"

My wife has always been called a "barbie doll" because of her looks. Then my daughter was playing with her barbie doll in the boat one day in the garage and the head popped off. So they took a picture of the head sitting on the dash as if she were looking back at you over the backside of the dash. It was so funny, they sent it to me when I was out of town for work. They leave the barbie head in the dash and bring it out for jokes when we are tied up with my daughters friends families.

Suddenly with all dots connected.... "Malibu Barbie" was born! Whenever my wife's friends see her riding around on our boat,,, they say "Ohh There's Malibu Barbie".. Dorky but fun!

I would NEVER place it on my boat though!!

I drive past a flats type boat parked in a driveway everyday. It has "Bow Movement" plastered across the sides of the hull. Just silly, and a little childish, in my opinion.

Now my Brother in law, who does commercial real estate, and has an offshore fishing type boat, named his "Reel Estate". I thought that was pretty neat.

But I agree with others above...no need to name a towboat.

Mine has an un-official name too...California Girl. My all girl crew tried to name her Malibu Barbie also, but I nixed that immediately.

My sisters boat sits next to it, so when we go out, we choose which one we'll use as we walk up the dock. Today's entree is almost always Cali Girl. Absolutely no sticker name on mine.

Steve B.

One of the stickers on my boats stern says "rocket" from rocket watersports in Georgia. And it's blue, like my boat. Some call it a name.

If I was forced to pick one of the 2 you want I'd pick #1.

I vote for a new name though. Name it after you've been on it.

Here's the unwritten rules about naming boats. Remember this is unwritten and just implied, kinda like this implied/unwritten rule..... Guys do not get tramp stamp tattoos. Now it's your God given right if your a man to get a tramp stamp tat, but really, would you want one?

styles of boats you can name

1. You can name Fishing Boats

2. You can name I/0 Boats

3. You can name Sailing Boats

4. You can name Yachts

5. You can name aluminum row boats

6. You can name offshore racing boats

7. You can name house boats

style of boats you can not name/should not name

1. You can not name wave runners/jet skis

2. You can not name canoes

3. You can not name paddle boats

4. You can not name Ski/Wakeboard Boats

5. You can not name Hobbie Cats

• Like 2

Personally, I like the thought of a boat having a name- we call ours Sloopy. I do not have a sticker on the boat because I believe it must be the right one, and I haven't found/designed it; that and the transom area on the TXi isn't very big. I have considered putting the name on the trailer though.

Concur with the above sentiment that the selected names do not do justice to the class that should be associated with a $65K boat. We own the best boats available and like another poster said, most can't afford one. IMHO, treat them accordingly.

I'll chime in again. My boat has a "name" also. It's not on it though.

I agree. She has to have a name besides "the boat"...but not necessarily an official one and/or a decal.

Naming your Wakesetter is like putting custom plates on a Chevette or a moped......Sounds like a kick@$$ idea til you sit down and think about......DON'T DO IT! Spend the $50 on beers for your celebration cruise your first time out in it!

Yup, my boats have always had names, but not plastered to the stern. The only exception, was my '87 Skier, at the time, NH had license plates rather than bow numbers. I spent an extra 4 bux a year to get the vanity plate "YNOT".

You need a name (something to call them), when you're mad at them... Currently I have YVette, but she's sleeping for a few more months...

I gotta agree with everyone don"t do it. When I was in my 20's I hade a wakeboard boat and named it "I Need A Tug" decalled all down the side and back. Thought it was the funniest thing at the time. Now I look back and think OMG what was I thinking and it was no Wakesetter!