Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shout Out to Bakes Marine

wakedncsu

Its a two hour drive for me to any decent boat dealer. They may or may not have the part. If I buy in Texas I have to pay 8.125% sales tax. So, if the shipping is less than a roundtrip (plus sales tax) to the boat dealer, I am happy.

With Bakes, I try to order enough to fill the box. I bought my exhaust manifolds and risers from Bakes during their annual Feburary Free shipping sale, which was a great deal for me, although I am not sure it was fair to Paul.

• Like 1

I just bought a new truck and hopped on BakesOnline to buy a new Malibu decal for the truck. One 8" Malibu decal with the skier cutting was $6.50. Here are my shipping options.....

In store pick up Free

UPS Ground $13.72

UPS 3 Day Select® $25.15

UPS 2nd Day Air® $30.47

UPS Next Day Air Saver® $62.59

UPS Next Day Air® $68.03

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.® $102.33

I would think that would fit in an envelope for much less than a dollar. If that's the case, no matter what I buy under $100 it's going to cost me $14 minimum to ship it based on weight and size.

Next day early AM -$102 - Some peeps really need that truck decal huh!!

Thanks for taking the time to share that. Yes, a small decal like that can be just mailed in a envelope and in the past we have called the customer to make sure it is ok to mail it then just refund the difference if they are ok with that method.

We integrated USPS at one point but had a very rough go at it working with USPS and found that using UPS, all though more expensive is worth the extra few bucks for great service and dependability.

To be honest i don't hear about this compliant hardly at all anymore since we do free freight on all orders over $99 and 90%+ of our orders qualify automatically.

We just did some updates to the site so let me see if i can single out a certain item or group of items to be a fixed shipping amount (Example: a decal shipping for.45 cents) it use to only give me one or the other (weight-size-destination shipping or fixed rate per item shipping)

Thanks again for taking the time to share the example.

Its a two hour drive for me to any decent boat dealer. They may or may not have the part. If I buy in Texas I have to pay 8.125% sales tax. So, if the shipping is less than a roundtrip (plus sales tax) to the boat dealer, I am happy.

With Bakes, I try to order enough to fill the box. I bought my exhaust manifolds and risers from Bakes during their annual Feburary Free shipping sale, which was a great deal for me, although I am not sure it was fair to Paul.

Hahaha... Probably not but I still appreciate the business and support!

Thanks Boz!!

-Paul

Well I need a heater switch cover and a 3 position switch. Do you have 80 bucks more to spend?

I'll be ordering some heavy duty guide pole covers for my trailer, so let me know if you want get in on my order. The couple orders I've made Bakes has always treated me right! :rockon:

I can't say enough to properly describe the quality customer service they provide! Special thanks to you bakes for delivery on an incredible custom ballast system for my 23 LSV. Keep up the great work

I'm kinda a loyalist, When I like a shop I will buy there no mater what, I have friends that own a tire shop, They aren't always the best price, do to Brand and so,on, But when my stuff is done it's done right, Paul has always treated me with respect and patients, ( I can tend to drive people nuts with questions ) and he always go's above and beyond, That to me is worth any mount of shipping,

Next day early AM -$102 - Some peeps really need that truck decal huh!!

Thanks for taking the time to share that. Yes, a small decal like that can be just mailed in a envelope and in the past we have called the customer to make sure it is ok to mail it then just refund the difference if they are ok with that method.

We integrated USPS at one point but had a very rough go at it working with USPS and found that using UPS, all though more expensive is worth the extra few bucks for great service and dependability.

To be honest i don't hear about this compliant hardly at all anymore since we do free freight on all orders over $99 and 90%+ of our orders qualify automatically.

We just did some updates to the site so let me see if i can single out a certain item or group of items to be a fixed shipping amount (Example: a decal shipping for.45 cents) it use to only give me one or the other (weight-size-destination shipping or fixed rate per item shipping)

Thanks again for taking the time to share the example.

Good deal. Thanks Paul!!