Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shout Out to Bakes Marine

wakedncsu

***Warning - Unpopular Response***

They really do have about anything you could ever want and I don't doubt their customer service is the best. However their shipping rates to the east side for smaller items are not feasible and I have looked elsewhere many times, the refunded shipping to the OP is a great value. I know Paul has defended and explained his position with the promise of improvement but I have not seen much if any.

Edited by Ndawg12

Bakes is pretty good. They don't always have the best prices and their shipping polices could use some work, but they have a good selection and are easy to deal with.

I don't use any of the local dealers; they rarely have what you need in stock anyway, so why not just order it online? I don't believe in buying new boats (or cars, ATV's, or most big-ticket items for that matter) and turn my own wrenches so I don't care if I have any relationship with a dealer.

Bakes is pretty good. They don't always have the best prices and their shipping polices could use some work, but they have a good selection and are easy to deal with.

I don't use any of the local dealers; they rarely have what you need in stock anyway, so why not just order it online? I don't believe in buying new boats (or cars, ATV's, or most big-ticket items for that matter) and turn my own wrenches so I don't care if I have any relationship with a dealer.

I called and spoke to Paul directly. He was very curteous and patient. As when I was ordering all my ballast I had lots of questions to make sure I got everything that would fit together. I found a prop cheaper and he price matched it on the spot. So if you can find something cheaper somewhere else, they will match it.

They really do have about anything you could ever want and I don't doubt their customer service is the best. However their shipping rates to the east side for smaller items are not feasible and I have looked elsewhere many times, the refunded shipping to the OP is a great value. I know Paul has defended and explained his position with the promise of improvement but I have not seen much if any.

I can respect that. I live in the east as well. I was going to pay 12.85 shipping for the rope. Where paying for shipping sucks. I didn't feel that they were doing to eBay thing where they make money on the shipping charge. That seems about right. And a quick Amazon search had the rope at ten bucks more than Bakes. So I call that a wash. I respect your opinion. I can definitely see that If I were to order all the time that would hurt. I would have to turn it into an order a bunch at one time and wait a while instead of an order as I want it at 13 bucks a pop. Maybe Paul could entertain a customer loyalty option to offset the cost of shipping. Would that help?

FWIW there is free ground shipping on orders over $99. So maybe buy extra stuff or find someone that lives close buy/split the order with. hint hint............... i also accept gifts.... :)

I found a prop cheaper and he price matched it on the spot. So if you can find something cheaper somewhere else, they will match it.

Try to get them to match Skier to Skier's price on a Perfect Pass unit and see where that gets you. Trust me, they won't - I tried - which is why Skier to Skier got my business and earned some other business after that as well. I like Bakes but there are other good vendors to use as well; I go for who is offering the best deal (which isn't always the best price).

FWIW there is free ground shipping on orders over $99. So maybe buy extra stuff or find someone that lives close buy/split the order with. hint hint............... i also accept gifts.... :)

Well I need a heater switch cover and a 3 position switch. Do you have 80 bucks more to spend?

Totally agree with that post. I have had items in my cart ready to checkout many many times since their site is easy to shop and they always have what I'm after. After getting to the shipping part of the checkout, my browser gets closed and I go elsewhere because the shipping prices truly are insane.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned to Paul something about the outrageous shipping prices and, on top of him saying he'd work on it, I also think he said you should call them and see what they can do.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned to Paul something about the outrageous shipping prices and, on top of him saying he'd work on it, I also think he said you should call them and see what they can do.

I will add to that and say that I did call them. I ordered over the web while I was on the phone with Paul. He was updating the site on the fly to give me my pricing.

Just bought something from Bakes today....Paul and Andrew hooked me up with an adapter i needed that I could not find anywhere else. Top notch and wonderful people to work with!! Thanks Paul and Andrew and all at Bakes!!!!!

• Like 1

I have to say they are top notch and set a high standard that only only a few can match! I use them as much as possible on all my parts and pieces I need.

Recent example:

I made my Christmas list for my mom and gave her the link on there site (slalom rope and gloves), she called and ordered the rope but they no longer had the gloves but Paul (I think) put her in touch with a local shop that did have some and still gave her free shipping on the rope since they didn't have them in stock!

My only gripe is they don't have a shop here in Louisiana so I can walk in and spend all my play money!

• Like 2

I apologize if this is in the wrong place. Mods feel free to move this where it belongs, but I wanted to give a shout out to Bakes Marine. I know you guys reference them a lot. And with my first upgrades and purchases to the new Malibu I wanted to give my experience.

In the last week I have purchased a wakesurfer, complete ballast system, prop, prop kit, rope, and handle.

What was awesome is I didn't know wakesurfer ropes existed till this afternoon (Props to this crazy awesome forum) and I purchased one from Bakes. Yesterday I bought all the ballast and prop gear. I received a phone call from Bakes today informing me that they were refunding my shipping charges and tossing the rope in with what I ordered yesterday.

That is truly impressive and deserves to be commended in my eyes. What impresses me first is that they have an incredible attention to detail to catch that the same person ordered something two days in a row. Second, to show excellent customer service by refunding my money for shipping, and I got a phone call from Tyler today to let me know where all my parts were coming from since they couldn't provide them in one package.

To the guys at Bakes, You have a customer for life. I will always buy from you first. Excellent job!

Jeremy

Jeremy - Thanks for the nice compliments!!! I can't remember the last time i logged onto the mcrew and its a nice feeling when the first post I see is compliments from a customer. Thanks again for your business and support!

Shipping has been a battle but where are you not seeing improvement? Can you give specifics so I can look into it further?

Since December 2012 we have had free UPS Ground freight on ALL orders over $99.

Try to get them to match Skier to Skier's price on a Perfect Pass unit and see where that gets you. Trust me, they won't - I tried - which is why Skier to Skier got my business and earned some other business after that as well. I like Bakes but there are other good vendors to use as well; I go for who is offering the best deal (which isn't always the best price).

I remember the conversation. I will always do everything I can to help and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to price match but running a business I also have to be honest when I cannot.

Happy to hear Skier to Skier has been taking care of you and I look forward to the day when Bakes might have the opportunity to earn your business again.

Sincerely,

Paul

• Like 2

Happy to hear Skier to Skier has been taking care of you and I look forward to the day when Bakes might have the opportunity to earn your business again.

Sincerely,

Paul

Paul, you've had my business since then as well. Just pointing out you guys can't always price match.

Jeremy - Thanks for the nice compliments!!! I can't remember the last time i logged onto the mcrew and its a nice feeling when the first post I see is compliments from a customer. Thanks again for your business and support!

Shipping has been a battle but where are you not seeing improvement? Can you give specifics so I can look into it further?

Since December 2012 we have had free UPS Ground freight on ALL orders over $99.

I remember the conversation. I will always do everything I can to help and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to price match but running a business I also have to be honest when I cannot.

Sincerely,

Paul

I just bought a new truck and hopped on BakesOnline to buy a new Malibu decal for the truck. One 8" Malibu decal with the skier cutting was $6.50. Here are my shipping options.....

In store pick up Free

UPS Ground $13.72

UPS 3 Day Select® $25.15

UPS 2nd Day Air® $30.47

UPS Next Day Air Saver® $62.59

UPS Next Day Air® $68.03

UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.® $102.33

I would think that would fit in an envelope for much less than a dollar. If that's the case, no matter what I buy under $100 it's going to cost me $14 minimum to ship it based on weight and size.

I just bought a new truck and hopped on BakesOnline to buy a new Malibu decal for the truck. One 8" Malibu decal with the skier cutting was $6.50. Here are my shipping options.....

In store pick up Free

UPS Ground $13.72

UPS 3 Day Select® $25.15

UPS 2nd Day Air® $30.47

UPS Next Day Air® $68.03

I would think that would fit in an envelope for much less than a dollar. If that's the case, no matter what I buy under $100 it's going to cost me $14 minimum to ship it based on weight and size.

haha well thats some bs if I ever saw it. Those shipping rates are probably flat rates only based on distance across the US unless the items are overweight. I remember ordering trailer guide pads from bakes and paying $12 for shipping on those to WI.

Having said that, I like bakes marine. They have everything and anything if you need it. I agree with the majority of this forum saying that their shipping quotes are a little out of whack, but their better than other places.

Edited by jaciche

In store pick up Free

UPS Ground $13.72

UPS 3 Day Select® $25.15

UPS 2nd Day Air® $30.47

UPS Next Day Air® $68.03

Those rates look very similar to what I saw for a switch cover and a 3 position switch, less than a 1lb.

Sometimes you have to pay more for shipping for the quality of service. I am willing to pay more in shipping for those items you can not find, yet bakes can!! Hats off to all at bakes. Keep up the great work!!

• Like 4