Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev 8's vs xm9

Ldog21

One Rev10 for every dog that you have pictured in your Avator.

Are those all you dog's? That takes one strong vaccum cleaner!

Yep and I trained the dogs on how to vaccum! lol

• Like 1

I believe the quality is in the tune with a Oscilloscope. I have 3 pairs of rev 10's on an illusion x tower and you can forget about head room. Both ws and exile are great speakers but one has more chrome on the grill than the other.

I have been able to hear the Xm9's. I own the Wetsounds, but they are REV 10's. I had 1 pair of Rev 8's before that.

As much as I hear about how great the XM9's are, my REV 10's were superior in a pretty obvious way, once you had them side by side. I don't think I would have detected it as easily if my boat had not been right next to his.

I quote what was said above about how important tuning is, because it may be that mine were simply tuned better. I don't think all the Exile fanboys here are all a bunch of nuts, so you certainly have to come to the conclusion that they sound pretty good. What would be really fun it to have some of each, and put 2 on the right channel and 2 on the left. Tune them properly and fade left to right and then decide. I could not be much happier than I am with my Wetsounds.

• Like 2

I will say after owning wetsounds and having upgraded and used all generations of their mounts and seeing a buddies exile mounts. The wetsounds mounts suck in comparison.

Now I haven't used the latest swivel mount but i have 410's so no need for them. The exile design is much better and much eaier to use.

Sound wise, both great products. I would like to see exile come out with a dual midbass like the 410's or NVS's dual 10.

Got it guys, thanks ;)

So to review:

I cannot say that any brand is better than another, even when technical data and experience backs my claims?

Others can post there brand bias without facts, as long as its not Wet Sounds. ( the "more chrome" comment)

You can however make fun of someone not owning a Malibu. Even though I've owned two BEFORE I bought a Centurion.

Centurion owners don't know what they are talking about and are subjected to ridicule..

Don't answer every post that is directed toward the person by the "quote" or you look like you have to get the last word in and are "brash"...

I'm trying to learn the Malibu way guys... Bear with me :) thanks... I'm learning....

True, don't take it personally. I'd tell you to search the archives to see how it all went down last time around, but the mods were fed up with the stereo forum enough that they actually nuked the archives too (which went a bit too far IMHO, but nobody really cares what I think). Let's just say that it's not just people being butt hurt... some of it may be coming from the perspective of trying dissuade you from bating someone into a provocative response.

In particular, you will find that folks here are very overly sensitive to:

a. people with a financial interest pushing product (I'm still not sure whether you are in the audio industry?), and

b. the "tastes great/less filling" nature of the stereo debate (hopefully I'm not dating myself too much with that reference?).

So yeah, as silly as it may seem, please try to avoid "x is better than y" posts here, especially where the basis for the assertion is subjective, or where you provide no basis for the assertion at all.

(and now please feel free to post a link to the thread where I explain all of the reasons I don't like the WS420 ;) )

I cannot say that any brand is better than another, even when technical data and experience backs my claims?

Nope! Per forum rules, product dealers, installers or manufactures are not allowed to discuss specifics about brands or models. Product owners are allowed to post about there product experiences and opinions.

Nope! Per forum rules, product dealers, installers or manufactures are not allowed to discuss specifics about brands or models. Product owners are allowed to post about there product experiences and opinions.

Ah good to know and I'm not on this forum as a dealer, installer or manufacturer ;) so I'm good.

Ah good to know and I'm not on this forum as a dealer, installer or manufacturer ;) so I'm good.

Just to clarify, I am not implying that you are here to sell products or promote your biz. Thats evident by the generic username. But as a dealer/installer, of one brand thats been discussed in this very thread, its against the forum rules to discuss specifics about a brand or model. Just trying to look out for the new guy :biggrin: Not my rules and I dont enforce them, just sayin :whistle:

Just to clarify, I am not implying that you are here to sell products or promote your biz. Thats evident by the generic username. But as a dealer/installer, of one brand thats been discussed in this very thread, its against the forum rules to discuss specifics about a brand or model. Just trying to look out for the new guy :biggrin: Not my rules and I dont enforce them, just sayin :whistle:

Ah I see, bashing another members name is ok though? I don't think so? Maybe you should read the rules again then. Your breaking the rules by trolling me to get a emotional response and bashing my name ;) I've read the rules, I'm not a vendor, installer, manufacturer or a dealer on this or any forum ( which is what these rules are under, maybe they should be more clear). Which proves im not brand bias or need a business name to make me feel credible... I post to help and inform about product used by me at some point. Your not looking out for the new guy, your trying your hardest to get the new guy in trouble.. You coulda PM'd me without trying to publicly humiliate someone.. Says alot about your character and your posted company... BTW, I have had/done BOTH brands in this thread on my boats, not just one, so you don't even know what your talking about.. But I'll keep my knowledge and opinions to myself from now on just for you Mike... :) I wanted a new malibu and figured I'd give this forum a try, you guys ruined my taste for Malibu in a couple silly stereo threads... congrats!

My appologies to the OP of this thread for it going off track due to the constant attacks to my posts :(. I see what you mean now Shawndoggy.... I'm done here... See you guys on WW or CCC!!!

He wasn't bashing your username, just stating generic as opposed to for example Earmark Marine, that's how he indicated you were not a dealer or installer.

True,

I apologize if you misunderstood my comments. I meant generic as in no business or personal name as your username. Its was meant to be a compliment, not to bash or humiliate you. its not like i went so far as to post your real name, biz name and where you operate at, I wouldnt do that to you Bro, that would be just wrong! I was just trying to give you a heads-up discussing specifics. I would hate to see your contributions to the stereo section get deleted, or worse, your account get deleted. Since you are not a dealer on this forum, good thing I didnt PM you, Its against the forum guidelines also, for a dealer/vendor/manufacturer to make first contact with forum members. But feel free to contact me via PM.

• Like 2