Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefoot!!!Barefoot!!!Barefoot!!!Barefoot!!!Barefoot!!!

1FootDan

Now that I got your attention... I'm new to the Crew and would like to now who are the barefoot addicts of TheMalibuCrew members. So please, introduce yourselves:

1FootDan, I'm from Quebec Canada. Been footin since 1997. I own a 99 Sportster (4sale) and just ordered a brand new 2006 Response. My level of barefooting is at the back long-line stage. I'm working on: back wake crossings, back one foots, back toe holds and hope to be starting surface turns next summer (Already do them on shoeskis). Rockon.gif

Hello Dan. I have been footing for 4 yrs. I do front one foot wakes, both toe holds, toe ups sometimes, working on back toes, back one foot wakes and turns. I can turn on shoes close on my feet. I have no boat at this time I'm looking for a good pre-owned Sanger.

Shawn

I have been beginner footin for about 15-20 years. I have a bad back so I just do front long lines, wake crossings occasionally, and tumble turns. We just moved from a 98 sunsetter lx to a 247. Hoping i can still foot behind that. My weight is right on the harry edge so we will see. Footin is one of my favorite things to do so something will have to give. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Welcome! Always glad to have another footer around. My abilities are very similar to yours. I started hitting some back to fronts on my feet last year. I've also become interested in endurance footing.

I just received a new pair of Ron Scarpa Cut Down Barefoot Trainers yesterday that were on backorder since Christmas. Yahoo.gif I should be getting back to the water in the very near future. Maybe even this weekend as we're suppose to see temps in the 60s.

More of the wakeboarder here, but I do like to take the occassional barefoot run a few times a year. I'm more like hotrodbowtie - nothing serious - have been doing it for maybe 10 years 3-5 times a year, can do long line wake crossings and tumble turns.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new boat!

I've always thought footers are as crazy as marathoners. But hey, some of my best friends are marthoners, so . . . I'll still talk to you.

Welcome to a fun, interesting, informative and funny site.

Hi Dan;

Welcome. I am out here on the west coast in Vancouver (fromerly Toronto) and I am an avid footer.

Current level - surface turns, toe ups.

wilma

I've also been a "beginner" footer for the past 15 years. I generally only do it a couple times a year and will normally just play on the 5ft line. I can long line, and have crossed the wake, but not consistantly.

Welcome to the site.

Edited by mrothwell

Novice footer here. Been doing it for 15 years or so. Tumble turns are still possible. Mostly do the boom these days. My brother is a nut on this stuff. Back to front, front to back, jumps. It produces the most fantastic wipe outs.

Hey Dan, welcom aboard. I've been footing for 4-5 years though not seriously until 2 years ago. Doing front one foot crossings, both toe holds, back toes (not long line yet) and working turns on the shoes. Hope to take them to my feet this year. No boat now but already have a deposit on an 06 promo RLXi. She's a hot one! Can't wait until regionals are done so I get my boat. Located in Grand Rapids, MI.

Dan - check out www.canadabarefoot.com. Its about an endurance race. I participated last year. it was a blast.

wilma

I perticipated in a couple of endurance competitions myself last year. Here are my results:

4th Lac Heneault Endurance chalenge (out of 22)

1st Lac Henault one on one chalenge (out of 22)

1st Lake Lesage Barefoot Chalenge (out of 9)

4th martin Remillerd barefoot chalenge. (out of 57)

Rockon.gif

Dan - check out www.canadabarefoot.com. Its about an endurance race. I participated last year. it was a blast.

wilma

Nice site. I know the Barrie Badboys and Marc Laframboise. A couple of my buddies from quebec participated last year but the engine on their Flightcraft blew near the start of the race! Ranting.gif

Nice site. I know the Barrie Badboys and Marc Laframboise. A couple of my buddies from quebec participated last year but the engine on their Flightcraft blew near the start of the race! Ranting.gif

I had a similar experience. We were footing at a "fun" tournament in Tennessee a few years ago, and the Merc on my flighty crapped out. We finished with a guys inboard Nautank. Talk about a crappy barefoot wake!

Welcome aboard.

Bill

I had a similar experience. We were footing at a "fun" tournament in Tennessee a few years ago, and the Merc on my flighty crapped out. We finished with a guys inboard Nautank. Talk about a crappy barefoot wake!

Welcome aboard.

Bill

I here you! My fiest inboard was a 1985 CorrectCraft Ski Nautank (like you call it... good one, never heard that one before... ROFL.gif ) 2001. I had to buy a boom extention because the spray would wipe out beginers... My top end speed was 41MPH, that's in the red-line... :Doh:

Edited by 1FootDan

Those guys from PQ brought an older flightly and the steering cable broke as soon as the race started. They manually steered the boat the entire 17 miles down river by bear hugging the 200 Merc. Then, one of the other racers lent them a boat to re-run the race course on their own. Good guys.

wilma

Hey Dan welcome,

I have been footin for 22 years, all I do is deep water starts with wake crossing and a little one foot. I am the only girl left on the lake that does it. I do like to foot at least once every weekend, in the summer. I did make it around the whole lake (only 250 acres) last year without letting go, it made me feel good. Nothing spectacular......

Judy

Hi..fellow barefooters!

I've been barefooting for the last couple years. The first time I barefooted was when I was 13 and then I went on a 22 year hiatus. After that long stint of non-footin, I got back into the sport recently and I love it. I cannot get enough.

I'm so addicted I went out and bought a brand new Drysuit and equipment for footin adn I don't even own a boat worth skiiing behind. I have a Hurricane Fundeck which will be sold this year to make room for a Malibu Response Barefooter or a Sanger DLX.

Here's a few Cold water footin' videos of me and my buddies from the last few weekend. Air temp averaged about 40+ and water temp was about 38-42F. Good times!

Cold water footin'

Welcome to the site Dan, I am a beginner footer and hope to learn to long line start this year instead of coming off of a kneeboard. If you have a chance to make it to one of our rallies this year you will meet a lot of people who can share skill or are more then willing to be taught skills. (I desperately need coaching)

Joe