Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Overheat, now no start and a bad noise.

Oh, yep. After we overheated and I shut down, I ran the shower thinking that would pull water into the system. Are you saying that running the shower while the engine is off pulls water into the engine? Via the exhaust manifolds I'm guessing?

Umm..... I have used my shower a ton of times with the boat off and have never had a problem. I really don't see why using it will draw water into the cylinders.

Edit: just realized that my setup (which isn't stock) saves my butt. I have my heater core hose in the raw water before the impeller (allows heater to work at idle) and my cold water shower intake is in the same raw water hose, but up near the v-drive outlet. This allows me to use the shower with the motor shut down and have full hot and cold water flow.

Edited by gorilla

OK, my cold side is after the raw water pump, i used it to repair the hose after I moved the Y pipe to the suction side. I'll order a new raw water pump to trany cooler hose from ski dim and put the cold water T on the suction side. That might solve my low cold water pressure problem with the shower too. Instead of replacing the hose I could install a raw water stainer to confirm water flow and provide a drain.

Edited by robtr8