Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Real World 247 RX Reviews. Thinking about Getting One.

Willy

Well, my old school (Supreme) experiment is over and time for a new one. I remember when I had my 08' VTX that Malibu cleared out the 247 RX's really cheap. It seems as though they can be had today pretty inexpensively and seem like a good value to me.

So, The usual, how do they Wake Surf, Wakeboard and yes freeride slalom.

Thanks!!!!!

A buddy has the 247RX. We don't slalom, but it makes a pretty mean wake board wake. I've never actually surfed his boat, but we have played around with setting the wake for it and I'd say it would make a nice wake surf wake as well. I still love the size of the boat every time I get in it. He has the 383 Hammerhead and I've never felt like the boat lacks power.

I am pretty sure that the hull is identical to the 247 wakesetter, so it can do everything that a wakesetter can do. The question is how to get the weight in the same locations. So as far as wake goes, if you put the weight in a few spots, it is going to be top tier. Surfing wake can be the same, but obviously you are going to have to figure out how to put sacks all over.

The main problem is the seating arrangement is just plain undesirable. It is like have 2 tiny rooms. Socially , there just seems to be isolation from the center area and the back.

I am pretty sure that the hull is identical to the 247 wakesetter, so it can do everything that a wakesetter can do. The question is how to get the weight in the same locations. So as far as wake goes, if you put the weight in a few spots, it is going to be top tier. Surfing wake can be the same, but obviously you are going to have to figure out how to put sacks all over.

The main problem is the seating arrangement is just plain undesirable. It is like have 2 tiny rooms. Socially , there just seems to be isolation from the center area and the back.

I am hoping with the size I wont have to sack it! Actually hoping that somebody comes out with an aftermarket "surfgate". As far as the layout I kind of think it is cool. Wives in the back Husbands in the middle and Kids in the Bow! LOL!

You will definetly need to add sacks to that boat for a good surf wave. The bigger the boat, the more weight they need. Even with a surfgate, you will still need to add ballast. Dont get me wrong, you could surf behind it without sacks, but that hull can produce a monster wave with weight.

If I was buying a different boat, it would be a 247 Wakesetter for sure. The main cabin area is massive. Huge wave. Tons of storage. I would look for a clean 06-08 247, with the 8.1.

Wakesurfing a RX and getting the results you see on 247s is gonna be tough. That 1000lb engine and tranny dead center is gonna require even MORE sackage in that rear surf corner.

Do they have 4 tanks subfloor?

I think it's possible to get a decent surf wave, but not what you see on the 247s. Your really gonna need to get 1500lbs+ in the rear corner, bags everywhere. Wake and slolam very capable.... Surfing will be tough.

You will definetly need to add sacks to that boat for a good surf wave. The bigger the boat, the more weight they need. Even with a surfgate, you will still need to add ballast. Dont get me wrong, you could surf behind it without sacks, but that hull can produce a monster wave with weight.

If I was buying a different boat, it would be a 247 Wakesetter for sure. The main cabin area is massive. Huge wave. Tons of storage. I would look for a clean 06-08 247, with the 8.1.

I want 07 or newer and a nice RX low hour boat can be had for around $40K I don't think I will find that on any other Wakesetter model of comparative year or hours.

I am hoping with the size I wont have to sack it! Actually hoping that somebody comes out with an aftermarket "surfgate". As far as the layout I kind of think it is cool. Wives in the back Husbands in the middle and Kids in the Bow! LOL!

I'm like most people and prefer the V drive version, but I will say my buddy's layout is nice at times for the reasons you listed. Usually you can throw the kids or girls in one cabin and everyone seems to enjoy it.