Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OJ Core vs OJ Cinco vs ACME 1235

JohnnyDefacto

Hi guys, just completed the ACME 1235 test today with my Axis A22, so now over at the axis forum there is a thread with the results of my "real conditions" water test for all 3 props.

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1598

I know most of you are malibu owners, but I am hoping this will translate to your VTX's, VLX's, Vrides, and LSV's and be useful.

lol Curt. I did not post it on the master craft forum :D

Skurfer. The OJ Core prop is 14.75 x 13. It is very surprising to us that it did not beat the acme 1235 (14.5 x 14.25) in hole shot. The OJ was considerably heavier, has a serious cupping to each blade, the blades are smaller and shaped completely different. The ACME looked bigger, but when measured, it was in fact smaller just as the specs suggest. The acme also looks very aggressive and gnarly, sharp lines. The OJ core is very smooth lines and rounded blade tips.

The OJ Cinco is the TZ-X5. There are no specs on their website, none on wakeprops.com, and on the hub of the Cinco, it only says 1936 TZ- X5. 1936 being the year OJ started i presume. The cinco has the similar OJ look to it, with rounded lines and round blade tips, but it was much lighter and smaller than the OJ core. I measured cinco diameter and it is 13 1/4" approx (hard to measure a 5 blade). The blade "cup" is a lot less than the core, in fact it is very similar to the Acme cup to my naked eye. That is probably why both the cinco and acme were sooo smooth and quiet but the Core was so loud.

sorry, no specs on the tz-x5

Thanks Johnny. Next time test the OJ 14.75 X 15.5. I know Eric from OJ likes this prop and it's stock prop on most MC's. Probably not going to beat the 1235 hole shot, but might get it on the top end...? I bet Eric will send you a demo one it you do a comparison/write up....

Eric is a nice guy, he helped me and 10 other axis owners get a great deal group buy on the OJ Cinco. I like that prop a lot, but the 1235 beat it in hole shot considerably.

I would love to get my hands on any prop and test it if I could.

proptest-2011

I've posted this up before, but thought I'd share again. Basically the 2079 is my pick

We used Radar Guns, ran the boats to 30, checked RPM at 10mph,20mph, and 30mph

This was on a heavily weighted A22

I have used both the Oj 532 and Acme 1235 without being able to tell the difference between the two. Currently I have the 532 on my vlx right now and it's been a great prop over the past two seasons. I have a 1235 for a spare....

Have you tried the 532?

edgeski, thanks for that link, I will go check it out right now.

Fman, no, I have not tested that prop. If you ever get a chance, bring your 1235 out and do some testing, I'd be interested for sure.

edge, that 2079 is the #3 upgrade according to wakeprops.com for an A22 or A20 , I think they do a good job of picking props. I was surprised to see how close everything in your test was considering that you are weighted heavily. I was mainly looking at 0-22mph time because that is the only thing that really matters to me (and rpm at riding speed), and was surprised the cinco in your test was so close, in my test it was not even close, and the 14.75 x 13 (OJ core) was not really close in my test either.

Nice job though, very thorough. I did not see the RPM's in your results though, is that listed somewhere else?

Edited by JohnnyDefacto

I have used both the Oj 532 and Acme 1235 without being able to tell the difference between the two. Currently I have the 532 on my vlx right now and it's been a great prop over the past two seasons. I have a 1235 for a spare....

Have you tried the 532?

I believe the OJ 532 is identical to the ACME 1235... I have used both on two of my boats and was unable to tell the difference in holeshot or top end. The nice thing about the OJ 532 is its only $400-$450 compared to the ACME 1235 which is I believe is around $600 now. Point being, anyone interested in the 1235 should also take a look at the 532... same performance.

edgeski, got that one, thanks. Those numbers look similar to mine (going off my memory).

The OJ Cinco has been a great prop, gets all my 4000lbs up nicely, and best thing is that it really sips fuel. Not sure if it is the 335 motor, the prop, or both, but compared to my OJ core (14.75 x 13) it is amazingly fuel efficient. Other guys notice it on my boat as well.

I think that the ACME 1235 is only $500

• 7 months later...

edgeski, got that one, thanks. Those numbers look similar to mine (going off my memory).

The OJ Cinco has been a great prop, gets all my 4000lbs up nicely, and best thing is that it really sips fuel. Not sure if it is the 335 motor, the prop, or both, but compared to my OJ core (14.75 x 13) it is amazingly fuel efficient. Other guys notice it on my boat as well.

I think that the ACME 1235 is only $500

So can I assume that from your post that you have tried both Acme 1235 and OJ Cinco? Would you say they are about the same?

haha, thats cause those guys slam their boat with 4800# of ballast. I am looking to run around 3400. From what I have read the cinco and the 1235 are comparable, but no answer to which one personally is better. Fuel consumtion, performance and overall good prop.

haha, thats cause those guys slam their boat with 4800# of ballast. I am looking to run around 3400. From what I have read the cinco and the 1235 are comparable, but no answer to which one personally is better. Fuel consumtion, performance and overall good prop.

I went to the 1235 as my primary because I added a little weight, but augured it into some rocks so I decided to go with the 2315 as my replacement. Love this prop, gets my 5200 lbs up fairly well, but the 1235 would not and the cinco for sure wouldn't.

Short answer: go with the 1235 because: It has almost as much top end, but a lot more hole shot. The fuel consumption on my boat was the same, the 1235 can be pulled with a standard prop puller, the cinco cannot. Cinco is a little quieter and smoother tho, but if you are going to run 3400 lbs and no wedge, you can go with the cinco, but if you drop your wedge with that weight and then add a boatful of people, def go with the 1235.

Long answer:

Check out this link on the Axis forum for a side by side of the cinco and 1235 and you can decide for yourself.

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1598