Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Props to O'Neill Wetsuits

NorCaliBu

Almost two years ago I got a new O'Neill hybrid drysuit. My old full neo suit was 12 years old and starting to seep a bit at the seams. Well after two years with the new suit the seams on the lower legs (glued and taped but not stitched) were starting to separate in a few spots. I sent it in to O'Neill's repair facility with a description of the problem and instructions to call me with the cost of repair and I would give them payment.

The weather has been pretty crappy here lately so I didn't realize that it had been almost 3 weeks since shipping it. Yesterday a box arrived at my door with my drysuit in it. They re-glued all of the leg seams and replaced the neck collar that a note in the box said was showing signs of delamination. I'll take their word for it, my suit now has a new neck seal. All done under warranty. That would be the one year warranty, on a 2 year old suit. I included a copy of the receipt (Thank You, Paul from Bakes for getting me that) with the suit when I shipped it so they knew it's age.

Outstanding customer service. I knew there was a reason that I have nothing but O'Neill wetsuits and drysuits.

:thumbup:

Edited by NorCaliBu

Ditto that. I've been buying O'Neill suits since the early 80's when I was windsurfing almost every day. They last well, and they support their products. Outstanding. Other companies should do the same.

If anyone ever needs it, the shipping info is:

O'Neill Wetsuits Repair Dept
1022 Bay Marina Drive Suite 140 B
National City, CA 91950

Their phone # is 800-538-0764

Can't say enough good things about this company. :thumbup:

EDIT: had to fix zip code typo

Edited by NorCaliBu

It's hard to not support O'Neill as a Norcal rider. They are the OGs and are right here in Santa Cruz. And they make the best suits!

I love O'Neill too. They're one of my customers and, I have all O'Neill vests and suits.

But, you might want to know that most of their stuff is made in Mexico.

That is very disappointing to hear. I'll have to go check the tags on my drysuits and see if they're made in Mexico. :(

Better than made in China!

Ya, but not much better.

I guess next time around it might be BI or Eagle.

That is very disappointing to hear. I'll have to go check the tags on my drysuits and see if they're made in Mexico. :(

I know, for certain, the dry suits are made in MX.

I know, for certain, the dry suits are made in MX.

:rant: Not sure when that happened. That's very disappointing. Good customer service or not. I won't buy another one. Not when I have American Made alternatives.

Wtf? Not made in CA? I live my boost suit also and tell every newbie I have on my boat how good it is, will have to stop that now I guess.

This is sad news for sure. This is the problem with our economy, everything getting made by non americans.

I have to send mine in for a leak repair, hope their service is still great.

I have to send mine in for a leak repair, hope their service is still great.

See post # 1 of this thread. :biggrin: They still offer fantastic service. :yes:

The address for their service center is in post # 7 above, if you need it.

I love O'Neill too. They're one of my customers and, I have all O'Neill vests and suits.

I know they are not made in the US. Some of it is made in Mexico and some of it is made in China depending on what it is.

But I was more talking about how the company was local and they still do a lot for surfing in the area.

I used to love Oniell. I have their dry suit and i ripped my first seal 4 years after buying it. Still got to get it repaired. I no longer buy their wetsuits or vests. In recent years they have pushed the price point of their gear to places they dont belong. $180 for a impact vest that isnt made in the USA is outrageous. Even their hyperfreak board shorts are now retailing over $80.

I never like companies who create a solid brand, product and customer base and then try to extort my loyalty.

• 2 weeks later...