Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower question

07 lsv with illusion x tower. From the side view of the tower pivot seam, there appears to be a greater gap toward the back than the front. The front upper tower and lower base seems to be rubbing against each other. The hex screws are not loose but the driver side will not tighten. A helicoil is or will be needed. Has anyone had this problem? Maybe too much weight on front of tower?? Thanks.

I spoke with a Malibu Boats service/support engineer last week regarding possible causes of a cracked Illusion tower, he suggested that one of the potential causes might have been a lack of service work being conducted on the tower - specifically, not replacing the bushings.

As a preventative measure i encourage you to replace the bushings just in case, hopefully it also fixes the issue your experiencing.

Aquaman, aren't you the one with 6 rev 10s? That's could be part of it, so I would definitely replace the bushings. You can get them from bakes.

Question, are the bushings for the quick release? If so what size? There are two on bakes. I'm thinking more the pivots are the problem. How do I fix those and what parts? Thanks for the help too. Yes 6 rev 10's , 4 pro 696, 4 racks and led light bars. And yes I know that is a problem but so is towing a 300 pound guy. Lol