Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing the ice chest and supporting the seat

C28

I have looked all over and cannot find the procedure on removing the ice chest on an 07 LSV to make room for the enzo sac.

I know I need to add additional supports for the seat and to keep the seat base from expanding, I just want to do it right the first time.

Does anyone have the link or info on this mod?

I am replacing the 1100 in the trunk so I have already supported the walls.

Here is the sac

085_zps40b4b2b2.jpg

It's a pain in the a**.

1. Remove the rear seat bolster. There should be 2 screws hidden in the carpet pile on top. It's a damn snug fit but it will come out.

2. Remove all the screws from inside the cooler and the drain.

3. Slide/beat the cooler towards the rear of the boat to gain access to the seat bolster screws. Be sure to look for screws hidden in the carpet.

4. Manipulate the bolster and the cooler in such a way to access the last bolster screws that are near the rear.

After you get the seat bolster out the cooler will come right out.

Good luck!

Thank you for the help. I had already pushed it through into the rear trunk area and after removing the hatch strut just lifted it straight out. * Caution for anyone doing this the fiberglass on the back side is very rough - I had 3 fibers go into my fingers before I put the gloves on *.

Now its plumbing time.