Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu dealer near lees summit mo?

Ottomatic

B&B use to be the dealer there in Smithville but I think they went out, you might google them. I'm in Springfield Mo a couple hours away and we have the Ski Shack which may be the closest one.

No dealers left around KC any more :(. B&B went up for sale a few years ago as the owner's got older. They are still in business today and will work on Malibu's, but their service and operation leaves much to be desired.

MarineMaxx picked up Malibu right after B&B lost it, then mysteriously they quit representing Malibu earlier this year as well. I never heard what happened there. I think the closest Malibu dealer is now in Springfield and/or Lake of the Ozarks.

Summit Marine in Lees Summit seems to be a pretty good operation. I believe they are a Tige/Supra dealer. I haven't dealt with them much, but when I've just been in to look at boats or anything, their staff is friendly.

That being said, there are several KC area Malibu owners on this site and we all make it work without a local dealer.

• Like 1

I've had summit boats and gear work on my boat when I didn't want to drive to the dealer in springfield. They are a very friendly, have standard rates, and are very quick. They've never taken more than 2 days to work on my boat.

• Like 1

I love my 11 lsv I was thinking of upgrading to a 13 before I went down to get surfgate but don't want to be stranded without a good dealer!! I live in Salt Lake City right now and have a great dealer. Should I consider other brands or just take my chances!!

I love my 11 lsv I was thinking of upgrading to a 13 before I went down to get surfgate but don't want to be stranded without a good dealer!! I live in Salt Lake City right now and have a great dealer. Should I consider other brands or just take my chances!!

I would not bother trading for another brand, the other brand dealers have all pretty much abandoned KC as well.

A bunch of us have bought our boats from Ski Shack in Springfield. The owner, Greg, is a great guy. They will routinely go above and beyond to help owners out. I have met the service manager on a Sunday to drop my boat, and Greg himself offered to meet me halfway when pulling it back and forth. And many of us like to vacation down there at Table Rock anyway.

Glad to hear the good reports on Summit gear, one of my co-workers bought an i/o from them last year and is very happy with it. They cannot do warranty work, but can certainly take care of the little things.

I live in LS and would be happy to talk to you about the area, housing, schools whatever. And where you can find the best Margaritas.