Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

nauticlogic GPS Upgrade

in another post, BTV23LSV had mentioned Nautic Logic and how easy of a plugin gps upgrade it was.

I called nautic logic and asked a few questions about the system. I was a little skeptical about the system because it's under $300.

So here's the basics:

1. unplug current paddle wheel from malivu

2. Connect the new wiring harness where paddle wheel connection is located. Two connections are present on the new harness. Second Connection is for paddle wheel(for water temps/depth readings)

3. Put receiver in a location that is dry plug into malivu

4. Put antenna on windshield and go

Who knows about this system? Has this system? Is it any good?

I was looking at upgrading to Zero Off, but it's $900 more.

I know the basic paddle wheel works, I'm more concerned about speeds going into and out of turns

Here is the website link:

http://nauticlogic.com/

I found that it works MUCH better than the paddlewheel. Some others haven't had such success, though. Here are some threads you may want to read:

I installed one on my 2009 VLX and it was the best thing we ever did to it. We bought the boat new and from day one the cruise was surging so bad you couldn't do anything behind the boat with cruise on. After many attempts by the dealer to fix the problem and after the third paddle wheel I order the nauticlogic system. It was a very easy install and it can be installed without modifying any of the original equipment. Now my cruise is nice and steady and it holds it's speed through the corners. I plan on ordering one for my Response because I'm tired of the pitot tubes always getting plugged.

Terry

I installed one on my 2009 VLX and it was the best thing we ever did to it. We bought the boat new and from day one the cruise was surging so bad you couldn't do anything behind the boat with cruise on. After many attempts by the dealer to fix the problem and after the third paddle wheel I order the nauticlogic system. It was a very easy install and it can be installed without modifying any of the original equipment. Now my cruise is nice and steady and it holds it's speed through the corners. I plan on ordering one for my Response because I'm tired of the pitot tubes always getting plugged.

Terry

X2!!! Same on our '09 VLX, the only receiver offered back then was the Garmin and it worked great! Not sure about the #3 point from the OP...I don't remember anything connecting to Maliview. The NL is providing the speed by GPS instead of the paddle wheel, it does not replace the factory Precision Pro speed control.