Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water volume from the shower.

robtr8

I just installed a shower kit this fall and it seems to have poor water volume. I do get some water and it is hot but the cold mixer valve doesn't seem to have much effect. When I bought the boat it had a heater installed with the "Y" pipe on the pressure side of the raw water pump. So when I installed the shower, I moved the heaters "Y" pipe to the suction side and installed the cold water supply "T" where the "Y" had been. I then "T"ed into the heater supply hose from the top of the head for the hot water supply. The heater works a hundred percent better. Is there a better way to plumb the shower to get more cold water volume or is this typical?

Seems like a dumb question but is your boat running when you do the cold water test. I made this mistake for a year thinking I could run my shower without the engine running. You get great hot water pressure and volume but no cold. Eventially the water gets too hot to use. I realize now that of course the engine needs to be pulling in new cold water to balance the tempurature and volume. Just thought I would share my experience.