Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dumb question about 2012 GPS cruise control

bamabonners

My 2012 lsv says it has gps cruise control, however, I do not see the zero off icon on the bottom of the malivue screen like I have seen in posts on this site. I have seen where 2012 now has mefi 6 integrated GPS instead of zero off. How do I know if I have this option? Where do they mont the GPS receiver from the factory?

The reciever is probably a modual in something else. All i-things now have them as well as most other cell phones. they really arn't very big and if you are not using them for precision stuff no external antena is required.

Bama, Here's a pic of the white Lowrance puck that MLA referenced. Early 2012's were still running MEFI 5 and Zero Off was the GPS option, not sure what the ZO receiver looks like. I assume you would have to have to check the ECM to know if you have MEFI 6. Auto-Pull-Up is also a new feature of MEFI 6 and that icon shows up in the lower right the Maliview screen.

IMG_3412.jpg

My 2012 lsv says it has gps cruise control, however, I do not see the zero off icon on the bottom of the malivue screen like I have seen in posts on this site. I have seen where 2012 now has mefi 6 integrated GPS instead of zero off. How do I know if I have this option? Where do they mont the GPS receiver from the factory?

Not a dumb question.

I have the option on my 2013 Txi maliview too, but I don't see the hockey puck on the deck, and when I enable this feature on my Malibu Touch Command, nothing appears on the screen. Have to get dealer clarity on this. “Do I have it or is this another option I need to purchase, $$$”

:(

Edited by Dare2goBare

Thanks thtrog! I was hoping you would chime in. Yes, I have auto pull up, but don't remember seeing the puck. Does your malivue show zero off or anything on it? Mine does not. Does it need to be enabled or anything? Build sheet says it has GPS, but I can't seem I find it.

I guess mine was enabled when I got the boat and I don't recall seeing anything in the Maliview setup screen. I've sold the boat so I can't check it exactly where it is, but it does display GPS. If you have APU you definetly have a MEFI 6 controlled engine, which allows for the factory GPS option. Note: I do know the boat still has a paddlewheel installed even with the GPS speed control.