Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Dealer 2 miles from my house!

Levi900RR

www.sabamarinevt.com just announced they have become a Malibu dealer.

They are 2 miles from my house, I hate to say this but I have mixed feelings about it....

1) Pro - obvious reasons, better access to parts / service etc...

2) Con - there are very few wakeboats in the area. It is very rare that there are more than 2 boats trying to ride in front of my neighborhood beach (its a very protected spot usually quite calm). Im guessing this may cause come conflict if there are many boats competing for the spot.

Anyone ever been in this type of situation?

Will this be the only Malibu dealer in VT? My buddy from Barre is on his second Bu, but I never asked him were he got it. I ski at Waterbury Reservoir when in VT, which is rare now a days. I ski with members of the Green Mountain Water Skiers club. Still have their (bumper)sticker on my boat from the 70's.

I too had a dealer open very close to me right after I ordered my Malibu in '02 from a 100 miles away. But I doubt he could of matched the price I got at the time. I actually traveled 300 miles to price shop.

www.sabamarinevt.com just announced they have become a Malibu dealer.

They are 2 miles from my house, I hate to say this but I have mixed feelings about it....

1) Pro - obvious reasons, better access to parts / service etc...

2) Con - there are very few wakeboats in the area. It is very rare that there are more than 2 boats trying to ride in front of my neighborhood beach (its a very protected spot usually quite calm). Im guessing this may cause come conflict if there are many boats competing for the spot.

Anyone ever been in this type of situation?

There is another con you didn't list. You will be forced to drive past brand new malibus all the time. It will be a constant test to your resolve... Or at least it would me. :)

Sounds very Pro to me. Before I bought my Malibu, I had a dealer 2 miles away. Sadly, they closed.

If I had one open up close, they could'nt keep me out of there. Heck, I'd pay them to polish and shine up the nice new boats !

Steve B.

At this point, people on Champlain are probably pretty set with boats and the areas in which they use them. Some may upgrade to a 'Bu from their old Bayliners, but they'll likely end up using them where they've always used 'em. I doubt you'll see a huge change. Unless the boat launch the marina uses is near you, too, and everybody who has to test drive a shiny new Malibu will be running right by your beach! You'll be fighting new boat fever, and we'll never end up seeing that awesome Euro in the calendar! :biggrin:

Will this be the only Malibu dealer in VT? My buddy from Barre is on his second Bu, but I never asked him were he got it. I ski at Waterbury Reservoir when in VT, which is rare now a days. I ski with members of the Green Mountain Water Skiers club. Still have their (bumper)sticker on my boat from the 70's.

I too had a dealer open very close to me right after I ordered my Malibu in '02 from a 100 miles away. But I doubt he could of matched the price I got at the time. I actually traveled 300 miles to price shop.

Yep, this will be the only Bu dealer in VT. Closest one has always been Smooth Water Sports. The first time I took my Bu out was on the resi. I love going down there, but now that my boat lives on a lift I don't get down there as much as I'd like.

There is another con you didn't list. You will be forced to drive past brand new malibus all the time. It will be a constant test to your resolve... Or at least it would me. :)

This is going to be a legitimate problem...

At this point, people on Champlain are probably pretty set with boats and the areas in which they use them. Some may upgrade to a 'Bu from their old Bayliners, but they'll likely end up using them where they've always used 'em. I doubt you'll see a huge change. Unless the boat launch the marina uses is near you, too, and everybody who has to test drive a shiny new Malibu will be running right by your beach! You'll be fighting new boat fever, and we'll never end up seeing that awesome Euro in the calendar! :biggrin:

Good thing my Euro made it into the 2011 Cal :rockon:

My beach, the public boat launch, and the new Bu dealership are all within about a 3 mile radius.

Levi_zps89f2fe1b.jpg

I just need to hope that the people who end up buying new Bu's are as cool as all the owners on this site. :werule:

Edited by Levi900RR

Guess it's a good thing for Malibu, however I enjoy being one of the only new booze on Champlain. LOL. How large is the Waterbury reservoir? Large enough to hold and MXZ 24?

Its big enough for a 24. The cool part about it is the way it's layed out you can always find some flat water. It does get pretty crowded on the weekends though. I almost never get down there anymore... :cry:

I gotta believe they'd love to have your classic in the lot at this spring's open house.

You might as well start the relationship and negotiating now. It's only a matter of time!

I gotta believe they'd love to have your classic in the lot at this spring's open house.

You might as well start the relationship and negotiating now. It's only a matter of time!

That's a great idea. I know some of the dudes who work there already.