Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for my first malibu.

tech360

I'm looking at buying a used RLXI and I stumbled upon this boat. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and wanted to make sure I had some good research on what I should expect to pay. Here's the boat's specs:

2005 RLXI Promo boat

383 hammerhead 400 hp

110 hours

S/A trailer w/brakes and fold away tongue and aluminum wheels

4 pop out cleats

3 vent heater

hot water shower

built in GPS

air/water temp

depth gauge

rear speedo

Scarpa plate

two judges seats

walk through seat insert

Sony cd w/4 speakers

titian series 3 tower w/bimini

malibu cover

chrome dash

The owners said they are asking for $37,500. According to NADA it may not be a bad deal:

...............................................Low Retail...........Average Retail

Base Price....................................$25,440..............$30,650

Reported Engine Range: 351 - 400 HP (5.7L - 8.1L )

Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Add: $5,230

Options

Power Boat: CANVAS

Bimini Top:..................................$385.....................$460

Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft.:.....$255.....................$305

GPS - Fixed Mount:......................$350.....................$420

Stereo - am/fm CD player

w/4 speakers:.............................$410......................$490

Transom Shower - Hot & Cold:.....$210......................$250

Wake-Board Tower:.....................$1,350...................$1,610

TOTAL PRICE..............................$33,630.................$39,415

Although I see some things wrong with the NADA it seems to be within the ballpark. Is the boat worth 7k over a stock RLXI?

Do you think I can do better than 37500?

Thanks.

Sound like a very fair price, especially as equipped as it is. I don't know if you can expect to do much better to be honest. Heck, MSRP on a new RLXI without the trailer is $36,900, add the trailer & you're at $40k - take off the 10% & you're right back in the same ballpark for a boat that has no options. I'd jump on it.

Edited by WakeGirl

It never hurts to negotiate. Just make sure you do it with a smile. Worst thing they could say is no, then you're back at the asking price.

Good luck.

Sounds like a good deal if it is well taken care of.

A little negotiation is ok, but don't lowball and piss them off, especially if they are asking a very reasonable price to start with. In the best situation, both parties feel good about the sale at the end.

It never hurts to negotiate. Just make sure you do it with a smile. Worst thing they could say is no, then you're back at the asking price.

Good luck.

I agree

Last summer a young couple was interested in my boat and their offer was much lower than my advertised price. I felt I had the number below book value and that my price was a good deal.

However, his offer did not offend me at all. I realize each of us is different, but my thoughts were if it were me on the other side of the deal I would have tried the same offer. I thought it was a worthy effort on his part and the young man was very polite in presenting his offer.

Thanks for the help everyone.

I was hoping you guys would tell me I could get this boat for less. :lol:

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what does a promo boat entail? Do the owners get a set discount off the price of the boat or does malibu simply loan them the boat?

How come when ever someone looks at a boat they feel that they can offer you between 5,000 - 2,000 below asking price?

How come when ever someone looks at a boat they feel that they can offer you between 5,000 - 2,000 below asking price?

It is just the American way. Probably dates back to when our economy was mostly based on the barter system (mid 1700s?).

I'm looking at buying a used RLXI and I stumbled upon this boat. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and wanted to make sure I had some good research on what I should expect to pay. Here's the boat's specs:

2005 RLXI Promo boat

383 hammerhead 400 hp

110 hours

S/A trailer w/brakes and fold away tongue and aluminum wheels

4 pop out cleats

3 vent heater

hot water shower

built in GPS

air/water temp

depth gauge

rear speedo

Scarpa plate

two judges seats

walk through seat insert

Sony cd w/4 speakers

titian series 3 tower w/bimini

malibu cover

chrome dash

The owners said they are asking for $37,500. According to NADA it may not be a bad deal:

...............................................Low Retail...........Average Retail

Base Price....................................$25,440..............$30,650

Reported Engine Range: 351 - 400 HP (5.7L - 8.1L )

Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Add: $5,230

Options

Power Boat: CANVAS

Bimini Top:..................................$385.....................$460

Boat Cover - 20 ft. thru 25 ft.:.....$255.....................$305

GPS - Fixed Mount:......................$350.....................$420

Stereo - am/fm CD player

w/4 speakers:.............................$410......................$490

Transom Shower - Hot & Cold:.....$210......................$250

Wake-Board Tower:.....................$1,350...................$1,610

TOTAL PRICE..............................$33,630.................$39,415

Although I see some things wrong with the NADA it seems to be within the ballpark. Is the boat worth 7k over a stock RLXI?

Do you think I can do better than 37500?

Thanks.

Where is this boat? If you don't buy it I might be interested in taking a look?

That is a SMOKING deal with the HH, tower, and double jump seats...not to mention it is a rare barefoot promo boat...thats way up there in the unique column.

The way I understand it, promo deals can work differently. Some are bought at a set price (a low one) and others are bought and then actually paid for by 'bu, depending on your "importance". I think maliboo is a promo rep. He might chime in.