Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hydroturf to replace the carpet I hate.

Big Jay D

I took my carpet out when I first got my boat and never looked back. I had plans to build a custom carpet pad, or even make it snap in but have never done it. I love my floor. It is SO easy to clean and my entire boat is always dry.

Post #23 in this thread shows a close up of how it came out. After 3 seasons it is holding up really well.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20057-what-to-do-for-a-floor/page__hl__floor__st__20

Sitting flat with some weights to get the roll out. I have some more cleaning to the 'glass to do. I need to get the tank cover carpet off so I can find out what I need to do to make it level. 1F68F28B-B3C2-4E9F-8D6E-E16C858FD279-12738-0000108C528BB087.jpg

Making this tank cover level is going to be a PIA. I'm going to remove the table stand holder thingamajig and put in on the back side and then get a hole saw to make some 3.5" plugs to fill the hole. It looks like I need to space the cover up about .25" then I have to deal with the sides. Maybe a gallon of Marine Tex will solve the issue. If it wasn't so expensive! I guess some fiberglass resin will have to do.

You could be starting a new trend in Bu flooring.

I'm still a carpet guy. Just love the feel of carpet between the toes on a cold brisk morning.

I love the pattern. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Good Luck.

I often thought of doing durabak with snap in carpeting in my other boat. Let's you hose it out while maintaining that carpet feel.

And that white/black looks awesome. Wish they had more tan offerings.

Edited by Falko

I used some Bondo Glass and some redwood to fill the gap. I will use a planer and lever the wood down. Sand it flush and then use some epoxy paint to coat the area. Getting closer!

78A3430F-29ED-42A1-B37E-D7C58BBA5329-13388-0000111874124734.jpg

4CD4393E-A4B6-4CB6-A503-5DE03ABDF0AC-15173-000013978DD7172B.jpg

CB6F200F-E182-4756-B782-C293108615BB-15173-00001397866A3258.jpg

9F9238F7-118E-4916-A447-A3CC24724D2D-15173-0000139770F69933.jpg

I still need to work out how I'm going to put the cover together so it fits flush. But all the seat bolsters are in as well as the captains seat base. The install went very smooth. I did it in three sections. It feels comfortable on the feet and has awesome traction. I'll post more pics when I finish installing the captains seat and the bildge cover.

What do you think about getting a bilge hatch CNC machined with "Wakesetter" in the middle? I like the way the silver looks against the floor.

Edited by Rmack
What do you think about getting a bilge hatch CNC machined with "Wakesetter" in the middle? I like the way the silver looks against the floor.

That is not a bad idea. But I would imagine that and aluminum cover would get very hot to step on Summersun. Maybe I will buy an emblem from Bakes and put that on the floor surrounded by hydro-turf. That way it matches the emblem that is embedded in my seats.

Looks great, Jay. Bet you love it.

I have something very much like it on my swimstep. People love how it feels. When we're rafted up with a bunch of other boats & people are swimstep hoppin, they will stop & comment on how great it looks & feels. Its about 4 yrs old now & still looks great.

IMG_2021Large.jpg

I love it. I'm definately going to do this. I'm waiting for skins from Chee, I asked for white, grey and black. Piping. I have a wrap for the outside of the boat which is also black and white. This would complete the color change of the boat.

That is not a bad idea. But I would imagine that and aluminum cover would get very hot to step on Summersun. Maybe I will buy an emblem from Bakes and put that on the floor surrounded by hydro-turf. That way it matches the emblem that is embedded in my seats.

You might be able to get it anodized (I think that's what they call it). We have all aluminum dock sections and they don't get hot at all.

Good looking install.

When your swim platform needs to be recovered, that would finish it off FO SUR!