Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat cover

MARiley

i'm looking at a new sharkskin cover for my response lx from overton's and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. it says it's "exact" fit but i am weary.

they have them for sale for ~$270+s&h. is this fair?

any comments are greatly appreciated. thanks.

My .02

Stay away from the sharkskin! It does not breathe, and will trap moisture in the boat. I have had friends get the sharkskin only to toss it and get Sunbrella. Spend a few extra $ now and get a breathable cover.

I got one from them for the VLX and it fit poorly. It was supposedly cut to fit my boat with a Titan tower and the tower leg holes were off quite a bit. It also had no straps on the back to pull it tight. The reason I ordered it was my neighbors got one for their Tige with a tower and it fit perfect. Luckily, I got them to take it back and I had one made locally. Here's a pic of the cutout at the front tower leg. Not real water tight! Mad.gif

hmmmm......

see the thing is, after we get our new house completed, we'll either be storing the boat in the garage or under an awning next to the house like so...

sdfglkndfg.jpg

that means that in the summer i'll be able to let it properly dry-out without sun exposure. so, should i still get the non-sharkskin one? another thing is that the sharkskin one hasa 5 year warranty as opposed to only a 3 with the sunbrella.

I'm pretty sure most on this board will tell you to get the Sunbrella. Period! How far you gunna tow to the water? Most will suggest a towing cover to avoid dirt, bugs and road grime. Personally, I suggest a custom cover made locally. It will be made with your boat as a template. You can specify tie down placement and type, fuel filler access holes, length in which sides cover gel below rubrail, color, design @ tower cut outs, amd much more.

Here's a pic of mine I had done by Palo Alto Upholstry (Johnson Bimini Tops) in CA.

(having trouble posting pics.....) be back later

Pat