Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Am I the Only One? What do you Do?

Rmack

After purchasing a 2012 LSV Wakesetter in September, I only had the opportunity to take her out once. I am fortunate to be able to store my boat at my office and see her every day, but I find myself taking her cover off about twice a week and playing with the radio and moving gear into different storage areas.

Does anyone else just sit and play in their boat?

What quirky things do you do or what have you heard about others doing?

We have a busy busy family. Sometimes there is no place to hide so I've been known to grab a book and just sit in the boat and read. Something about the smell changes my mood.

• Like 3

Funny I do the same, I always check my 6v batts and make sure plenty of water and just sit in there with the LED's on and the Music Playing Dreaming of Summer!!!! This is a tough time of year, But I'm always looking for a winter project,

So far my projects have been updating my Ipod and playing them on the boat to test my treble and bass settings

Took the baby out, uncovered the boat and played with her in it yesterday. :) it's about an every other day occurance for me to go tinker.

I saw a super cool shop on GarageJournal.com recently..... The guy had like a 4 bay garage, 2 wide & 2 deep. He had his boat & an old hot rod in the front two bays. And then the rear two bays were a living room & bar setup. He must have had 2 more bays off to the side for all the junk & tools & so on. But the garage was totally setup to party with the boat.

Ours is in storage in my garage at the lake house so I only see it every few weeks when I trek out there to shovel snow and check on the place. Rarely pull the cover off, maybe once a winter to make sure all is good. I do find myself watch some of the videos we took over the summer when its cold out, especially ones I made with the gopro strapped to my head while skiing and another with it mounted to the fairing of my R1. That usually helps me make it through until spring.

When bought my first malibu back in 2002, I ordered pizza and had dinner in the boat with my wife, brother and sister in law. It was actually fun discussing what we were going to do and how much fun our first wakeboard boat was going to be. I had just had my first child that year. 10 years later my wife 9 year old son, 7 year old son and 9 month old son sat in the boat and talked about how much fun we had in our 2000 malibu. They cried. I did not.......

I did make sure that absolutely no pizza hit the carpet or vinyl.

I was at a buddies house a few months ago for a gathering related to older ski boats of another brand and he has a garage full of older boats and when it was raining all 20 or so of us ended up hanging out in the boats BSing. Keeping a fully stocked fridge in the garage combined with a ski boat of any variety is a great place to hang out!

My other brand boat has lately rested in the garage without her box cover or shaft cover or back seat in. She's exposed. It goes in at an angle so the door shuts and makes moving around my man cave a little PITA. But, with the music on and tinkering around cleaning/polishing and planning the next steps for making her my boat "hotrod," I feel content.... It's kinda like a campfire, where as you stare at the fire (sit in the boat) you can't help but think of all those past good times all the way from when you were a kid, with fond memories literally swirling (splashing) around you.

I've really enjoyed this so much so after having moved from a long stay in Japan, that I bought the BU to do all hard and fast stuff that I'm missing. BTW, by buying an unloved 20-yr-old skier, my plans haven't actually been realized yet. But, I'm getting there (B.O.A.T)...there seems to be no hurries in paradise...

Just put ours in the hanger last weekend. Hooked up the battery tender and the mildew preventer/heater deal. I'll see her again in April when she gets cleaned up and summarized. Might see her before then if we decide to get some Jabsco's for the rear sacs. During the summer before I go to bed, I take a beer or 3 and sit in the boat and listen to music and look at the stars. Something I look forward to every Friday and Saturday night.

Edited by Jab31169

After purchasing a 2012 LSV Wakesetter in September, I only had the opportunity to take her out once. I am fortunate to be able to store my boat at my office and see her every day, but I find myself taking her cover off about twice a week and playing with the radio and moving gear into different storage areas.

Does anyone else just sit and play in their boat?

What quirky things do you do or what have you heard about others doing?

I to just bought my boat 2013 TXi 30 year anniversary this past October and have the pleasure of storing it at home. Haven't even had the PDI'ing done yet as the weather her is frightfull till end of March. Yes I sit in her playing with all the new toys she came with, Maliview, fosgate etc. etc. Have had to recharge the battery three times now!

IT'S NOT ONLY YOU!

:cheers:

So you didn't have pizza at the 10 year reunion with the kids :)

Heck no! Even though she was going in for trade, I still detailed her and made her look like the day I brought her home.

I like to sit in other people's boats and BS. Same with sitting on snowmobiles. If I sit in my boat, in the off season, it's not long before screwdrivers and sockets come out and I'm excited about "fixing" something that bugged me. 4 hours later and it's looking like BozBoat's ride.

I think I need a new boat.

Bought my boat in October of this year (2001 Wakesetter 23LSV) and only had time to get on the lake once before I had to winterize. I've taken a few "driveway cruises" with some friends around Thanksgiving. Basically it's a game of empty the cooler while sitting in a really expensive sofa. Invariably though it ends up with me making mental notes of things to fix this spring.

A buddy and I keep our boats at the same covered/outdoor storage area. We'll grab some beer and tunes and tell the wives we're going to check on the boats. We'll come back a couple of hours later. and report to the wives that all is well. :cheers:

• Like 1